• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Springfield Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luieb45

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I went to bass pro shop the other day and they had a springfield hawken in .50 cal with a 28 in. barrel and 1-66 in. twist in caplock. Does anyone have or shot one of these? Is $270 a fair price? Since I have no bass pro or big stores near my home can I order it over the internet?

I have one in .54 caliber. The finish is not the best. It's plenty accurate and reliable, but mine smacks my cheek.

The price sounds fair for a new gun. Steep for used.

Internet ordering and shipping rules vary from company to company. Some won't ship to Illinois due to Chicago rules and FOID regs. Others will. Good luck.

Hello from Germany1

doesn't know this rifle at all. How does it lool like? Is it a woodsman only in .54?

Regards

Kirrmeister

Hi Kirrmeister,

yes, this Hawken looks like the Woodsman.
Seems to be a cheap version
Should be enought for their use in the fields.

I prefer Hawken replicas like Uberti,Investarms (Lyman) or the new Pedersoli.
There is to consider if a few money more will be the cheaper choise for the future :v

Klaus

Kirrmeister,

i'll try and post a pic of mine later tonight. I don't have any on my Photobucket account right now and I have to get back to work.

Hi Klaus and Jethro!

Thanks!

So I know this rifle, had a Woodsman in .50, but gave it away. Now I got a GPR in .45 at egun. :grin: A .54 rpl. barrel is on order.

Regards

Kirrmeister

I looked up the Woodsman and it is close but not quite the same gun as my Springfield.
A couple of differences are;
No patchbox on the Springfield.
Single trigger on the Springfield.
1:66 twist on the Springfield.

Here's a pic. of my .54

Springfield.jpg

I have to say I'm not a fan of Traditions products in general, but it would be hard to get hurt for the price you're talking about. Certainly worth a try if you like the gun.

I have several Traditions/Ardesa products like the Deerhunter and I can't say anything bad about their quality in relation to the price.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Hi Dirk,

what manufaturer did you order ?

i`am looking for a GM Barrel for my .50 Investarms but all i got are too long (36.6 Inch) for my Rifle.My Model has a 28.3 Inch Barrel
I´m very pleased with my barrel ...but looking for.. :hmm:

Klaus

If it's possible to spend a little more? Why not get into a Lyman Great Plains Rifle!

I have had a couple CVA Springfields, and moved them out to procure the GPR!

No offense to anyone who likes them, but for me the difference in quality and handling cannot be compared!

Klaus said:
Hi Dirk,

what manufaturer did you order ?

i`am looking for a GM Barrel for my .50 Investarms but all i got are too long (36.6 Inch) for my Rifle.My Model has a 28.3 Inch Barrel
I´m very pleased with my barrel ...but looking for.. :hmm:

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

I'll order one directly at the Log Cabin Shop/Lodi, Ohio. Costs about US$ 190,00.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Yes, it is ready for shooting out of the box. Comes with sights and has only to be hooked into the breechhook and fixed with the wedges.They come from Lyman/Investarm. You can get them with slow (1 in 60'') and fast ( 1 in 32'') twist.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Ihappen to have a 54 investarmsHawkin any one know a good load for it. got a few 50s 1st 54.

I have a new Springfield Hawken, and an old. Even though the BassPro ad says the twist is 1:66, it is now 1:48. The old ones were 1:66. Maybe you can find an old one at one of the stores. Both of mine are extremely accurate, and have a great single trigger. The 1:66 is just a little more accurate than the 1:48 (I shoot patched round ball), but we're talking an inch or two at 75 yards. Either is great for hunting. While some don't like Traditions, I think they did well on these. They're not on the Traditions website; just at BassPro.

sorry I got off your train of thought and confused you. I am new I was reading your input and thoughtI would ask a question of mine.I wont bother you anymore.

Latest posts

Back