• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Springfield Hawkens

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any experience with one (yet) but I just bought one used from a guy. (See my thread entitled "rough/rusty bore"). I googled the barrel markings and that's how I found this site. Here are the threads I found:
Link1
Link2

I bought a couple in .54 cal about 10 years ago. Good rifles. As accurate as I am. Had file-adjust iron sights that never go out of adjust. Light, easy-carrying rifles. Shot several mulie deer. At the cost then ($120), didn't worry about dinging them up. Shoot round ball and Buffalo Ball-ets very well. Minie ball won't hit the barn from inside. Use blackpowder for hunting, more reliable ignition.Trigger guard is for set triggers, but gun uses single trigger. Just more room for gloved fingers.Prefer mine to the T/C Renegade my son has, just feels more handy, slimmer stock maybe.

I have one in .54 cal. I could have sworn it was a 1:48 though. Shoots about as well as my TC Hawken but I get the occaisonal missfire.

A while back the Sportsmans Guide had them on sale for about $100. A buddy of mine picked one up and he loves it. It is a shooter!

Neat! "Link1" is mine. I hope to take it out hunting Friday morning for it's 1st time if there isn't too much snow.

I have the traditions Hawken Woodsman in .54. I love it! Was shooting real nice first time out till I busted the nipple :( I put a new nipple in but have not been back out with it yet. hope to very soon.

By the way Sportsmans werehouse has these in the store for $229. Best price I have seen!

Latest posts

Back