• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who are ok with Traditions, and are looking for flintlock pistol kit; from Muzzle-loaders.com:
1689953169191.png

Again, I read this in the morning. It comes as a digest. I donā€™t track Mike Brooks down.

As to controversy, I see you p last that all the time. You like the whole curmudgeonly old grump thing. You surely like to attack people.

Strange, Iā€™ve even defended you. You need to lighten up. I said ā€œhere we goā€ and there you went. Whatā€™s wrong with you?
Moved to "The Snipe Hunt" board. WZ

And that's your business. If that's all you can afford, great.

Funny how it's taboo to trash somebody's choice in going with Traditions, yet it's perfectly OK to scorn those of us who can, or simply choose to go with better quality firearms. Not my fault your checkbook is full of cobwebs. Blame yourself for that!
Dear ā€œSirā€ (please donā€™t get mad if I mis-gendered you, you donā€™t list your pronouns),
1. It IS all I can afford.
2. Iā€™ve NEVER trashed anyoneā€™s choice for purchasing a higher quality firearm. As many here will testify, I routinely šŸ˜ and express admiration for their purchases/builds. My response as quoted was to someone who inferred that by purchasing Traditions, I wasnā€™t ā€˜seriousā€™ about BP/ML. Nothing is further from the truth.
3. While my checkbook isnā€™t ā€œfull of cobwebsā€, it is, indeed, not where I thought it would be at retirement. I hadnā€™t counted of coming down with both a chronic, debilitating illness, and cumulative injuries that took me from the fire service into disability years sooner than expected.
In closing, may YOUR road always be Yellow-bricked.

Last edited:
This thing sure did turn into a dumpster fire. If someone doesn't get banned over this one I will be forced to conclude that my 30 days in the penalty box was more about my politics than anything I said about derringers..... that being said its pretty tame stuff compared to the rock and ice climbing forums I hang on which can be pretty close to a free for all. Climbing ethics are rather hotly debated.. On Topic My traditions trapper is a very nice shooting pistol but its a bit clunky and heavy. I will someday hopefully get enough spare change to get a Pedersoli le page and hopefully for $1600 it wont be poo poo...

Dear ā€œSirā€ (please donā€™t get mad if I mis-gendered you, you donā€™t list your pronouns),
1. It IS all I can afford.
2. Iā€™ve NEVER trashed anyoneā€™s choice for purchasing a higher quality firearm. As many here will testify, I routinely šŸ˜ and express admiration for their purchases/builds. My response as quoted was to someone who inferred that by purchasing Traditions, I wasnā€™t ā€˜seriousā€™ about BP/ML. Nothing is further from the truth.
3. While my checkbook isnā€™t ā€œfull of cobwebsā€, it is, indeed, not where I thought it would be at retirement. I hadnā€™t counted of coming down with both a chronic, debilitating illness, and cumulative injuries that took me from the fire service into disability years sooner than expected.
In closing, may YOUR road always be Yellow-bricked.
Number #3... Should make everyone here realize how overboard this back-and-forth sniping has degenerated.
We have all traveled in different directions in our live and different circumstances have determined the finale outcome. These "below the belt" criticisms should have no place on this forum if we plan to keep enjoying any discussions. WZ
P.S. If you don't understand why they are below the belt...... Let me moderate the "Snipe Hunt Board"!

Again, I read this in the morning. It comes as a digest. I donā€™t track Mike Brooks down.

As to controversy, I see you p last that all the time. You like the whole curmudgeonly old grump thing. You surely like to attack people.

Strange, Iā€™ve even defended you. You need to lighten up. I said ā€œhere we goā€ and there you went. Whatā€™s wrong with you?
Why don't you leave me the hell alone and find somebody else to be a creepy stalker to?

Good grief . Here we go again. The OP asks for opinions on traditions guns. I said I wouldn't own one.
(Why would I when I can build anything I want)
Then everyone goes all butt hurt because I don't want a Traditions rifle. What the hell is up with that? I can like or dislike anything I want to just like the rest of you.
Now I have a stalker that just won't leave me alone. I have had stalkers before. Pretty creepy people.
Are you people TRYING to drive me away from here? If so. Just let me know and you can find someone else to get your panties all in a bunch.

Well if I am not mistaken (highly likely as I made my weekly mistake Tuesday) I believe the BS started from the "other side" damning those that are happy with an inexpensive black powder rifle/pistol. I have only a Kibler as an "upper class" weapon but I have over 20 BP arms. If customs was my priority I could afford to use my own check book and am smart enough to get away with it (SWMBO CAN be fooled).

THIS IS WHY FOLKS LEAVE THE FORUM. Unwarranted attacks based only on personal opinion/prefrerence. Thank God I was able to score a cheap cva kit at age 10 to get me hooked. Much better vise than Booze or worse. If those were not available I am afrraid my paper route money would have prevented me from ever getting started.
IIRC, the OP asked for his opinions/preferences regarding Traditions guns. Yet as soon as someone voices their preference or opinion opposite that of those who own and or like Traditions guns, suddenly its someone being rude, ignorant, arrogant, hoity toity, etc. If you do not want contrary opinions to yours, then don't post asking for opinions.

IIRC, the OP asked for his opinions/preferences regarding Traditions guns. Yet as soon as someone voices their preference or opinion opposite that of those who own and or like Traditions guns, suddenly its someone being rude, ignorant, arrogant, hoity toity, etc. If you do not want contrary opinions to yours, then don't post asking for opinions yeh or neh.
Thank you! Sometimes I feel like I'm loosing my mind here.

ā€¦Are you people TRYING to drive me away from here? If so. Just let me know and you can find someone else to get your panties all in a bunch.
I, for one, would hate to see you go. Besides a wealth of ML/BP knowledge, youā€™re good for the occasional chuckle and curmudgeonly advice/commentary. šŸ˜Ž

Back