• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

trigger spring for underhammer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbyram

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Well my new trigger and spring for the underhammer have been here for a while,finally got around to it yesterday.I cannot get the spring right,every reasonable effort has been expended and still no spring tension to return the trigger.It can be cocked but only by pushing forward on the trigger.Some one please advise.
Wayne

Oh Yeah. Been there and done that. I am trusting that the spring is of the Deer Creek variety. First, if it is in place, take out the hammer. Next, put the return spring in the slot of the trigger so that the short end points down the back of the trigger. Now to put the trigger in place. I slip it in between the two pivot pin holes and then move it rearward so that I don't displace the spring in it's slot. I do this by rolling the trigger forward and then inserting it so that the spring doesn't move. Line it all up and put the pivot pin in. I hope that this helps you get over the problem. It is quite simple but still a brein teaser because it is so simple

bitehard
Thanks;it is now working.The spring kept moving
no matter what;it would move just enough to keep the pin from entering.I have built entire rifles and not cussed as much.
Wayne

trigger-spring.jpg

Should look like this!

Back