• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Triple 7 70 grains in 54 questions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elbow

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Shooting prb in my TC New Englader. Best group is with 70 grains of Triple 7 powder , .530 prb and .018 patch. Question is what would the equivalent load be if I used black powder? Is Triple 7 more powerlful by volume? In easier by volume so not sure how many grains I am shooting. Is my load powerful enough for deer at 100 yards? Thanks craig.

elbow said:
Question is what would the equivalent load be if I used black powder? Is Triple 7 more powerlful by volume?
Hodgdon states to reduce the blackpowder charge volume by 15% when using 777.
IE: If you normally used 100grns volume Goex, reduce the 777 volume to 85grns

I use 90 grains of triple seven 2F in several of my rifles. Works great in TC Hawkens from 50 to 54 caliber. The 45 likes 70 grains of 2F triple seven.

Latest posts

Back