• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trying too hard?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I took my Remington to the range with high expectations. Concentrated on stance, sight picture, grip, and trigger pull and the first cylinder landed every shot all over outside the circle. Not fun. Disappointed, I decided to just throw lead, pull back the hammer, point and shoot as quick as I could acquire the target and not worry where the bullets were going. That worked. Go figure.
DSC_0970.JPG

People take way too much time in sighting a handgun. You get the wobbles, and run out of oxygen holding your breath for over 3 or 4 seconds. If you do t get your shot off in 3 seconds, lower the gun , breathe, and sight again. Trust first aim!

Back