• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti / Pietta 1851 parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Ray

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Uberti 1851 Navy parts will interchange with Pietta 1851?

Specifically the trigger guard, I would really like a square back trigger guard on my Pietta :grin:

---
Ray

Do not know if Uberti triggerguard will fit Pietta.

Years ago I tried doing a lot of swapping of triggerguards, backstraps, grips, etc. on quite a few cap and ball Colt type revolvers.

Some problems I ran into were:

1. Matching position of three screw holes.

2. Under/oversize parts.

3. Grip shape did not match swapped part.

4. Sometimes, different size screw heads, so guard hole sizes were different.

You might be able to buy a rough cast triggerguard and fit it. However, unless buying in person, you still have the challenge of matching the position of the three screw holes.

Unless you like the challenge; my unsolicited advice would be to buy a revolver with the squareback trigger guard.

I agree with Robert.
Some time ago I measured the locations of the three screw holes in a Uberti and a Pietta trigger guard and there was enough of a difference to cause problems with interchanging the parts.

As the guys have said, they probably won't interchange without a lot of effort. However, if you like projects, brass does braze easily.

Years back I did a lot of tinkering by cutting out parts that I liked and brazing them onto other parts. You can really make some unique combinations that way. Brass is easy to work, sand and polish, so nobody knows it was a brazed together unit. You could probably cut out a square trigger guard and braze it into place without too much effort. Just an off the wall suggestion. :blah:

Here's a place you can buy parts that will fit the gun, you won't have to use parts that won't fit that way.
PARTS

Mike Brooks -

Read the posts. He wants a squareback trigger guard on a Pietta. Pietta doesn't make a squareback 1851 Navy, but Uberti does. However, the Uberti trigger guard won't fit on a Pietta.

Buying the parts that do fit (Pietta) won't help him because they're not the shape he wants.

mykeal said:
Mike Brooks -

Read the posts. He wants a squareback trigger guard on a Pietta. Pietta doesn't make a squareback 1851 Navy, but Uberti does. However, the Uberti trigger guard won't fit on a Pietta.

Buying the parts that do fit (Pietta) won't help him because they're not the shape he wants.
Well, some guys just like to make life tough... :haha:

Yep. That squareback is not my favorite either - bangs my knuckles every once in a while.

Even if he found one to fit the frame the grips would still most likely have to be refitted to the new guard.

Back