• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Underhammer ready for the Hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erastus

32 Cal.
Reaction score
This will get your blood moving.
Tommorrow will be the first hunt for this scope mounted .50cal underhammer. Its a 8X adjustable shotgun scope with see through rings.
Image117.jpg

Very Nice! :grin: Did you drill and tap for the scope mount? Also how does it shoot? I'm still breaking mine in. Nice stock by the way. :thumbsup:

Bruce with Blue Grouse set up the scope mount. He drilled tapped and fit the mount Its very accurate out to 50yds. Have not tryed at 100 yet. Shooting maxiballs 370gr. 80gr triple 7 and ox yoke underwad.

I ordered mine through Bruce too. I see you have the 32" barrel. Did the brass parts on the butt stock also come with it? The only brass on my butt stock is the butt plate.

With iron sights, I was able to shoot 2-3" at 75 yrds using 2F Pyrodex RS. That's with PRB. .490. Good luck on you hunt. Knock em into tomorrow with that under hammer. :)

Nice looking! If you dont want to drill use the Quic kee scope mount from Dixie $ and you can change it to any 15/16 rifle you want in mins, Ive shot big loads and its never moved.Is the fore arm pinned or just the brass band? I did the part behind the hammersprig too with some scrap it sure gives you a different grip on the rifle. Since I cant get black powder here anymore Im playing with 777 its working out fine, again a very nice looking rifle you have.

Back