• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

UPS has outdone itself. I'm actually impressed by how massive of a failure this is, even Kiblers famous crates are no match! INSURE YOUR STUFF FOLKS!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good grief. I'm a retired game warden. I once sent a Browning (new model) BAR off to a lab, and the analyst called and said he wasn't sure the rifle was safe to fire.

"Why not?"

"Because of the broken stock."

It was in like-new condition when I UPS'd it, and the only way it was broken was if someone put it on two boxes and jumped on it. I'm still ******.
Ouch! :eek:

Was going to say the same thing. It . I have seen some very expensive and rare guns broken in half shipping.
It happens more than you think. Insurance is good but it doesn't replace the some things.
Once a UPS clerk would not ship a rifle because she asked if it was unique or one of a kind. I had to convince her that it was a replica and could be replaced.

Got it back today. This has to be unrepairable, I have to call Jim tomorrow and explain the situation then email these to him so I have his opinion in writing that it cannot be fixed for the insurance company. I'm not entirely sure the barrel is still straight after taking that kind of hit but I can't really put a straight edge on a swamped barrel to prove it one way or another.

What a shame, such a beautiful piece of wood... HOWEVER, POSITIVE NOTE! The close up photo of the break is an excellent visual aid for those who wonder how curly maple gets it's curls.
1000010749.jpg
1000010751.jpg
1000010753.jpg
1000010754.jpg
1000010755.jpg

Ups sucks. I was into antique outboards and had one delivered to me. I watched the driver open the back doors of the truck and get in and get the package. He dropped it on its end onto my driveway then jumped down and brought it to my door. I made him wait while I opened it. When he dropped it the starter was pushed into the flywheel and it was junk. I was refunded my money by the seller. Next one was an old Evinrude zephyr. Power head completely busted off. That one I stripped the good parts off of before they came to get it after the seller filed the claim. They really dont care about how they handle anything yet charge stupid high prices to ship.

Back