• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Walmart caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I tried to do the right thing and only bought some…left the rest. Then posted on here telling people Walmart had caps. Went back today, just about 2 weeks later and they still had the ones I left. I couldn’t let it be. I bought 3 more tins. Still left some. In 2 weeks we will see if those are still there.
Better than some folks would do. They'd buy every single tin and try and scalp them for 15 bucks a piece.

The employees at both walmarts I go to told me. Said they are a seasonal item that is a one time ship and does not get restocked. This may not be true for all stores but this seems to be true at my local stores,
Thats the way it is in Pulaski Tennessee as well. I talked to an employee in sporting goods last year and they said one shipment of caps and one shipment of the two different propellents they sell. Very limited quantities and no restock until the next year. It surprises me that they don't send more each year. They would definitely sell out if they got 100 tins.

Today in Haymarket, VA.

There's a few tins left.
1000016618.jpg

I wouldn’t be surprised if some employees buy them all first and scalp them. Happened with 22 ammo a few years ago.

The Walmart in Bushnell, Florida claims to have 1000 CCI #11 Caps. I've stopped in every day since July 1st. I've heard anything from they are in the cage in the back room, they are still on the way, they will be put out later tonight or tomorrow, they must still be on a pallet some where to they might have been stolen. I was also read the riot act about them being a hazmat item and they are more dangerous than actual ammunition, and I need to just understand that. What?!
Bottom line is that they have no clue or someone on the inside took them for their buddies or to resale them for more money. I will try again today. I can't believe they or them are doing this with percussion caps.
We'll see.

The wife stopped by the Wal-Mart Superstore in Fayettnam today and there was none on the display. She asked an attendant and when looked the item was showing in stock. The attendant found the caps under the counter so the wife bought the whole box. I will split them with my shooting buddies. No, we did not leave any behind.

I just spent 30 + minutes in whatever ya call that store...
4 different people 1 of which said none of the stores have received them. Then I showed 2 of them pictures off the the forum.
One fella took my number and a girl said as soon as they come in next day or two she will put them aside for me and call me.
I personally do not believe it will happen but we'll see.

I just spent 30 + minutes in whatever ya call that store...
4 different people 1 of which said none of the stores have received them. Then I showed 2 of them pictures off the the forum.
One fella took my number and a girl said as soon as they come in next day or two she will put them aside for me and call me.
I personally do not believe it will happen but we'll see.
They are a fickle lot & lie to your face or over the phone. I hope you get the caps

I went to my store this morning and saw pegs were installed for muzzleloading supplies but no product had been put on them yet.
I asked the lady working if she could check and see if they were in back. I described them to her and she said she would look for them.
Went back this afternoon and the primers and caps were on the pegs, but nothing else, so she clearly found them and put 'em up.
She did a good job, and I was happy about it.

I went to my store this morning and saw peg were installed for muzzleloading supplies but no product had been put on them yet.
I asked the lady if she could check and see if they were in back. I described them to her and she said she would look for them.
Went back this afternoon and the primers and caps were on the pegs, but nothing else, so she clearly found them and put 'em up.
She did a good job, and I was happy about it.
I'm glad it worked out for you.
Some people still do a good job.

My flint guns have been getting a lot of use but cap and ball revolver needs CAPS .

My Walmart doesn’t do black powder stuff. Bummer.

Checked my local Wally's today. I didn't ask anyone. I did notice all the turkey hunting gear was clearance sale priced. So maybe soon.

Latest posts

Back