• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wanting a swivel gun or similar

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive been shooting flintlocks for 2 decades now and have a pair of kibler builds under my belt. One of my other hobbies has me looking for a cannon though. As a member of the local sailing club I think it would be wonderfuly naval to start our races with a cannon shot vs a buzzer. So I'm looking for a "noise maker" resembling a swivel gun or signal cannon. I was considering just using a spare harpers ferry pistol barrel for the task but I thought I would ask here first to see if someone knew of a manufacturer making a barrel for a stanchion mounted swivel gun or signal cannon. Need not fire projectiles, just powder and a wad. Polished brass or bronze would almost be better in this case just for looks.

Anyone know of anything similar to what I'm after?

Chris

Dom Carpenter is the man! Makes them from 50-cal to 75-cal to 1” bore, to 4-Bore, to golf ball bore to billiard ball bore to Bowling Ball bores!

He might even make just ‘thunder mugs’ for blanks, like you desire.

PM me for his email me …

This is my golf ball one.

IMG_0265.jpeg

NOTE: Being a ‘breech loader’, in those ‘Blue States’ requiring special licensing for cannon possession and/or shooting … these are only BP ‘swivel guns’, of which are NOT regulated as cannons. In such Liberal/Communist States, cannons expressly are muzzleloaders, where remnant powder down in the breech is the safety concern.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back