• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wasted Tag!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad you don't have a buddy that rappels.

Something like that happened to me once, except the doe made it all the way to the bottom. Made expected 20 yard drag to the pasture into a 2 hour drag and 4-wheeler ride.

HH

Ouch now that ruff hunting, sorry that you was unable to recover your deer but I hope to a easier hunt to claim your next deer. Great shot by the way....

At least you got to see a deer, and get a shot. The only deer I've seen were beside the road. And they ate all the corn I put out and disappeared once season started (but they left me a nice "present" where the food had been!). Thanksgiving I went out to do some hunting and heard shots all around me. I thought the deer had to be headed my way. Nope. Not a single one. The only animals I've seen were crow too far off to shoot, a squirrel when the gun was unloaded, and a woodpecker which is too illegal to kill.

Skinny Indian said:
At least you got to see a deer, and get a shot. The only deer I've seen were beside the road. And they ate all the corn I put out and disappeared once season started (but they left me a nice "present" where the food had been!). Thanksgiving I went out to do some hunting and heard shots all around me. I thought the deer had to be headed my way. Nope. Not a single one. The only animals I've seen were crow too far off to shoot, a squirrel when the gun was unloaded, and a woodpecker which is too illegal to kill.

Now we know why you are the SKINNY indian. :rotf:
I feel your pain. The last 3 years were almost enough to make me quit, then this year I got two deer inside of 30 minutes.

Back