• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Welcome To Friendship Indiana!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing the video. That looks like some real fun and good people. Mac.

A nice presentation, makes a person wonder if Tim Marsh could shoot like that with out his special coat and gloves, where is rabbit03?

RDE

I was there hiding from the camera! I was actually
on the same relay in the Seneca Run as Earl!
Great Video the Spring ain't too far off!

:thumbsup:

FYI, the host of Kentucky Afield is Tim Farmer. He lost the use of his right arm in a motorcycle accident. He re-learned how to shoot a rifle, and he's deadly with a compound bow, drawing with his teeth! I've never tried to reload ANY muzzleloader with one hand (my ML club should watch for that next time I have to design the monthly shoot), and a pistol looks to be quite a challenge to load that way.

Thanks Mule Brain; there were a lot of my friends in there. I actually made a cameo right after the Seneca Run.

The NMLRA range at Friendship is a fun place and you can shoot all day and talk guns all night.

Many Klatch

Hey all :hatsoff:
What they said at the end was true, we need more young ones in this. My son, niece and two nephews are getting there, but hopefully there are more. We haven't made it to Friendship yet (work-family-money etc.), but we're still trying.
Also saw Panther - Roger T. between the run and the blacksmith. Hey Roger!!

Anyways we got to keep this going somehow, because if it dies down this time, the powers that be may not let it come back. After all, our campfires and guns do emit carbon (bad word these days)
Ya'll have a good one :thumbsup:
Grumpy Bear

I hope to make it there this year in the spring again. I did miss last fall. Watch out for a german on the primitive range shooting jaeger rifles.....

Anyone having the regulations for the Seneca run?
I can`t find them online at the NMLRA site.
I heard you have to load from the bag and that you`re not allowed to pre-measure your powder.
What do you do? Put the powder from the horn into the powder measure, load the patch and ball from the block and prime from the horn again?
Just curious.....as those thing are illegal here in Germany,brrrr

Rule 9150-General Rules for Seneca

Start with empty rifle, no pre-measured charges, no auxilary ramrods, load from pouch or horn and load on firing line positions only. Loading blocks are okay.

Rule 1960 Open Seneca--as above,

You have it correct.

RDE

Latest posts

Back