• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Well, here's my two...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebuse

40 Cal.
Reaction score
When I got these two, I got the Renegade for $35 from a gun shop in Indiana. The bore looked like a rust cave and the stock was beat to death. The Hawkins I got for $60 and was not in much better shape. I called Foxridge outfitters and got new barrels for both and refinished the stocks (well, the Renegade needs a little more of an oil rub, but it's getting better. Both drive nails at 100 yds.

The Hawkins has a 31" Barrel with a 1:66" rifling

The Renegade has a 30" barrel with the same.

I'd like to get something in a full stock 36" or greater barrel, but not having the best of luck finding what I want in a price that I can afford...well, a price that would be reasonable to the wife.

Preacher

6D89E1280D.jpg

I get an Access Denied error when trying to load the image directly.
[url] http://photos.bravenet.com/299/895/986/0/6D89E1280D.jpg[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm..well...try this one again with a diffrent link.

Rifles1.jpg

Yeap...that works. Sorry for my first post.

And here's a couple good ones to go with. This is me with the Renegade at an (get this) INDOOR range”¦this range has one of the most killer vent systems I’ve ever seen”¦you would think I was shooting smokeless powder with the way gets sucked up. This is also Camp Allen Weapons Range, a USMC gun range.

Flash2.jpg

Not a bad shot at 25 yds off-hand.

IMG_1078.jpg

And here's one of my ugly mug.

me.jpg

Great shootin, and an early Happy USMC Birthday. I celebrate the day, cause I owe being here to some Jarheads in the jungles of Nam quite a while ago. P.S. the haircut was a giveaway. Bill

Well...just bought this rifle this morning from TOTW, built by Larry E. Williams. It's a Lehigh Valley Longrifle. 42" barrel in a .45 cal rifled for round ball. (pssst...and my wife approved it.) :applause:

LehighValleyLongrifle1.jpg

LehighValleyLongrifle2.jpg

LehighValleyLongrifle6.jpg

LehighValleyLongrifle7.jpg

Preacher

Looks to me like you done good. Now why don't you post a picture of a target with the center chewed out of it, because I'll bet it shoots as good as it looks. Preacher, am I seeing a rate of third class coreman? don't know if I spelled that right, but it doesn't look like a Marine Corps rank. I used to drive a LCM and put you guys on the beach, but those days are just about as long gone as John Paul Jones.

Hey Preach! Nice looking gun! :thumbsup: I noticed that one on TOTW - it caught my eye bein' an unusual iron-mounted Northampton(Lehigh) style. Hope it shoots as nice as it looks! :hatsoff:

No, I'm (now) a First Class Torpedoman. I was a second when that picture was taken. I was part of a Physical Security Detachment for a while as a Small Arms Marksman Instructor. Now, I'm transferring to a new Submarine to be the TM Division LPO (Leading Petty Officer)...gota do what I can to make Chief. Only 8 more years before I retire and go into full time Ministry.

Preacher :hatsoff:

Preacher,

I have been looking at that rifle on TOW for sometime now. Give that rifle a good home. That is a really nice rifle at a really good price!!! Let us know how it shoots!!! :hatsoff:

Marc Findlay
(GO ARMY Beat Navy :rotf: )

Preacher,

Even though I spent 6 years in the Army, If you look at my book shelf you will see more books on US Naval History than anything else. I love Subs, and Aircraft Carriers and the History of them. So as Far as Army vs. Navy, I can't really give into either team!!! But I had to give you some good hearted ribbing!!! I think the two teams are tied Army 49 wins, Navy 49 Wins. This year is bragging rights!!! ALWAYS A GOOD GAME NO MATTER WHO WINS!!! :winking:

Marc Findlay

Well, it's always a good game between them, but as soon as you put them up against a "GOOD" team (Notre Dame)...thay both come up short.

Preacher

Preacher said:
Well, it's always a good game between them, but as soon as you put them up against a "GOOD" team (Notre Dame)...thay both come up short.

Preacher

You speak the truth brother!!!

Marc Findlay

I'll be going into Pastoral Ministries in the Wesleyan Church”¦It’ll be about 8 years before I get my ordination, but I just need to keep pushing on through the studies. It’s not an easy thing being attached to a US submarine and completing classes. We spend about 80% of our year at sea. And being at sea, can be very hectic. I some times go up to 40 hours with out sleep”¦so trying to fit studies in as well is no joke. My wife is very supportive, and while in port, I’ve cut down my watching TV to almost nothing. I devote a lot of my free time to God in: studies, being the Young Adults Minister at our Church along with my wife, who covers the time that I’m at sea; being the Protestant Lay leader on the boat, and to top it all off, I co-teach our adult Sunday school class with our senior pastor (as a part of my supervised ministry). I do have my alone time with God as well. Hmmmm”¦”Where do you fit in time to target shoot?” you might ask. As I devote time to God, He gives more time to me. How he does it? He is God”¦what more do I need to say.

Preacher :thumbsup:

Back