• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Well it Thundered here a lil while ago.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy, that's something! Getting them to pose for the camera and then come back to be kilt. Congratulations and good on you! :hatsoff:

Getting RC to see it is one thing. Getting him sober enough to type a response is another. :wink:

Congrats Swampy! nice buck! yup you be first on the stroh list of successful! :thumbsup: Had to be awesome! :applause: SMOOTHIE BUCK...VERY COOL! :grin: way to go! now...i'm a gonna try n.y.'s southern zone this weekend...that adirondack huntin be a lil sparse! :( :barf: ...3 weeks no deer sighted... :shake: but great fer you! :hatsoff: ................ :blah:

Hey! There ya are! Didn't know if Bigfoot was messin with ya or you was abducted by aliens you been gone so long. :rotf:

Sorry you didn't see anything bud, hopefully the southern zone will produce something for ya. :thumbsup:

Hey Swampy!
Congrats on the nice Deer!Heck of a hole in that one!Sweet Gun too!
Hey RC,
3 weeks and no deer seen....That's a bummer. :( Hope you find them more plentier in the South zone.When does that start?

Sorry not to have acknowledged this sooner...kept skipping right over the title assuming it had to do with a thunderstorm while hunting :shake: and never connected the dots :redface: .

Congratulations on the buck !

:thumbsup:

Awesome deer!!! I'm tickled pink to see you got one with a smoothie to boot! Buck season starts here in Pa on Monday so maybe..... BJH

Good luck Monday!

Just found out today our muzzle loader harvest is way down, as of yesterday it was at 399. A buddy of mine shot a small 3 point this morning so thats at least 400 with 3 days left of the season. Crazy, we've been avg 1200 the last three years for muzzle loader season.

Usually it would mean we've had bad weather during the weekends. But I think it's a number of things going on here. Weather has been warmer than normal, high acorn crop and the rut seems to be a bit screwy this year. A lot of guys will hunt this last 4 days, thanks given to sunday, with good weather we could double the take in these last 4 days.

/shrug, we'll see.

Very nice deer. Those horns really stand up on his head. They'll look great on the wall.
Bob

:haha: You got it. I had my bad in the truck when i shot my doe and i was just excited and forgot all about everything. Even had my knife in the truck until we started gutting. Hopefully my next trophy will be a big elk :hmm:

Well I finally found some time to get ole broken horns head out of the freezer and start workin on a euro mount. Still cleaning him up, it's an all day project lol but well worth it in the end.

Found those turkey cookers just right for this!

bheuromount1.jpg

His teeth kinda surprised me, they show he was only 3 1/2 years old and I woulda thought he was at least 4 1/2.

bheuromount2.jpg

MMMM-MMMM.... deer head stew just like momma used to make... hair an all :haha:

Back