• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Well it Thundered here a lil while ago.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's been a long day. :haha: Just painted the bleach/peroxide mixture on him and now have to let that sit for 24 hours. So sometime tomorrow night I should have a nice euro mount. :thumbsup:

Right now I need to get things together and make sure the Thunder'er is set to go again in the morning as our shotgun season starts here tomorrow. :thumbsup:

REDNECKSTEW.jpg
:thumbsup: Here's to you Swampy! :hatsoff:

Well here he is, came out very nice. I'll make a nice plaque to secure him to as he's going to be used in teaching measuring classes for now on.

I did find he had something going on where the skull bone stitches it's self together, the left side didn't stop like the right side. It continued for another 3/4 inch and resulted in a boney growth. Thats the only thing I could find which may have resulted in the misshapen antler.

bheuromount4.jpg

bheuromount3.jpg

Gee, I've never seen a horse with antlers before.
(Like Roundball, I thought this was a weather report)
great job! I'm happy for you

bramble

another Awesome job Swampy! like that ending! if i ever get one..well gotta see one first... gee he was a nice buck at 2 1/2! too bad it won't be done afer spring :( any wood you come across go straight in the woodstove!! :rotf: nice job! thanks fer sharin! :thumbsup:

Excellent european mount. Can you please share with us the bleach/peroxide procedure you did?
Thank you,
Billk

roundball said:
Sorry not to have acknowledged this sooner...kept skipping right over the title assuming it had to do with a thunderstorm while hunting :shake: and never connected the dots :redface: .

Glad I'm not the only one!! But after it hit four pages I figured I'd better take a look. Nice buck, congrats and good going! .715?!?! Sweet Jesus, hope the ray of sunlight shining through that hole didn't blind you! :bow:

Swamp Rat said:
I did find he had something going on where the skull bone stitches it's self together, the left side didn't stop like the right side. It continued for another 3/4 inch and resulted in a boney growth. Thats the only thing I could find which may have resulted in the misshapen antler.

I've seen that on a few deer here, every time it's been one that broke an antler the year before, but the break was deep into the pedicle, causing the abnormal growth from then on in the deer's life. One nice 8 point did it a few years ago on my place, the next year he grew back with a cool double beam and wierd points on that side. Unfortunately, while I was away in OH bowhunting my Dad arrowed him - out of one of MY stands!!! :cursing:

Excellent european mount. Can you please share with us the bleach/peroxide procedure you did?
Thank you,

I started using the Cabelas kit last year and really liked the difference it made from my usual just boil and paint the skull method I used to do. You can get a kit that has a plaque with it or just the kit of chemicals. I just get the chemicals and follow the instructions, pretty easy but it does take some work to clean up the skull.
[url] http://www.cabelas.com/cabela...tType=index&indexId=cat280001&hasJS=true[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back