• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wesson ... ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattWisc

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm looking for information about the Wesson Rifle that is offered by Dixie Gun Works. All comments will be appreciated.

Thank you,
MattWisc

Well I am not sure if Dixie Gun Works still sells the Wesson muzzleloader...it is not on their website anyway. I have a buddy that owns a Wesson and I think he bought it from Dixie Gun Works...when it came it was a beautiful rifle and very functional...but he is a tinkerer and now it is a very very beautiful rifle. He hunts deer with it every[url] year...in[/url] two weeks he will be going antilope hunting with it.

Good luck! :hatsoff:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dixie has the Wesson (PRO300) for $650.00 including the false muzzle. They are fine shooters, but a little heavy if you plan on hunting with one. A sling of some sort would go a long way towards alleviating the weight problem.

the one Dixie sells is a target type if that is what your looking for ? ( takes a long bullet ) dad bought the action for 225 or 250 and built a bit different rifle with it. they do look kind of neat with the mowrey gone now. blaine

fw said:
the one Dixie sells is a target type if that is what your looking for ? ( takes a long bullet )
It takes a "long bullet"? I tought it was a round ball shooter. Now I'm confussed.

MattWisc

It has a 1-in-21" twist rate, so it would be a better slug gun than ball shooter. Might work with patched ball and very light charges, but for the money there are better rifles available if you want to use balls and not bullets.

dont think you'll be shooting much rund ball from the Dixie Wesson , its set up for a long 45 , they say 40 grs 3F and round ball but the loading tool is for a 1 to 1 1/2 long bullet ? blaine

Back