• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wet Weather Hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, in Texas folks hunt out of box blinds with heaters and swivel chairs.

When a flintlock goes off inside a box blind, it is kind of entertaining with all the smoke inside with you.

What's even worse is sitting in a heated box blind and not going out to the stand , until you establish the actual time when the deer are going to be there using satellite trail cameras w/ images coming onto your cell phone. Dang , this huntin' is gettin' so bothersome , why not send someone else out to do the shootin'.

Found the below on the ALR:

The Amish sell a product for protecting their fine wood pieces. It is a combination of pure lemon oil and beeswax. Works great in fact if I know I am going to be shooting in the rain I will wipe some on the entire gun (barrel and metal parts to) 15 minutes wipe off and water literally beads off the gun like a fresh wax job on the 'ol Pontiac!

Don't know how many remember Rebel Arms in Pasadena, TX. Ronnie use to coat/slobber his guns them with Vaseline to keep customers from fondling them. A bead down the joint of the barrel and stock would keep water out of the barrel channel.

Back