• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What are you paying to hunt?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikee51848

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Added up what the cost of a PA resident license is and was wondering what you pay.
PA adult $20
ML $11
Archery $16
---
$47
Allows for 1 buck any season, anywhere in state, or 1 doe anywhere, only during late ML season.

Additional doe tags, Unit specific, are $6.

Depends on whether or not you know somebody, own land or get to try to hunt on the State shooting galleries.

If you don't have to pay for a Lease or Reserve, you could get away with less than $75.

Add at least $500 otherwise.

Adult license. $25.50
Deer tag. $24.50
Elk tag. $83.00
Antelope. $70.00

$203 total if I get drawn for all three..yea right!

+ gas ,food, beer= too much :shocked2:

Hi Mike - What you said plus:
$16.00 - bear tag (just in case I can get out)
$ 3.00 - migratory bird (for the occasional dove & geese hunts)
$20.00 - furtaker license (so I can legally take fox & raccoon when I get out)
Oh... and the 3 doe tags I'll get at $6 each.
My total is $106.50!
Oops - forgot the federal waterfowl stamp at $15.
$121.50!

Here in R.I,

Resident Hunting License (15 and older) is $18.00
A perminate license can be abtained for 65 and older or perminatly disabled.

Archery deer permits, one either sex, two antlerless permits at $12.50 each

Muzzle loader season, one either sex, two antlerless permits at $12.50 each

Shotgun season, one either sex, two antlerless permits at $12.50 each

Prudence Island Special Disabled hunt, one either sex permit with a possible second anterless permit at $12.50 each.

Prudence Island archery, one either sex with a possible second anterless permit at $12.50 each.

I can have alot of fun in my little State for the same cost of one deer tag out of State.

Ya'll just need to move to NC $40 covers all hunting and fishing for a year Bear, Deer, Turkey and Boar.

When I lived in Ga. 60 would get you anything you wanted including 12 deer a year, bear, turkey, Trout stamp, and just about everything else but federal waterfowl stamp. This included WMA hunting

I am past 65 so I don't pay the state anything anymore. How ever the hunting club I belong to is $350 a year. I could go to the public land to hunt but I don't like someone standing over me telling me what to do.
Old Charlie

Taxachusetts (resident):

Hunting $27.50 (sporting45.00)
Archery stamp $5
Bear permit $5
MZ Stamp$5.10
Doe tag $5
Turkey$5
Wildlands stamp $5

Vermont (non-res):

hunting $90.00 (sporting/combo 120.00)
MZ $25
archery $25
Turkey $25
Moose (if I get a permit $350)

If I hunt on my own place, which I almost always do, Archery, $0.00, regular firearms, $0.00, muzzleloader season, $0.00, turkey, $0.00, general hunting license, $0.00. Obviously that doesn't include migratory birds but I rarely hunt them. I do have to purchase a fishing license but that's $20.00 for a year and covers everything unless I want to keep trout. That ain't gonna happen cuz as far as I'm concerned all trout are good for is catching, not eating.

Vic

Here in WI the state only likes to spend money on prisons and highways so prices went up again.

Resident Prices

Deer gun $24
Deer Archery $24
Smallgame $18
Bear application $3 $49 permit
Bobcat application $3 permit ?
Turkey $5,15 ?
WI Waterfowl $7
Federal Waterfowl
Goose, early $3
Goose regular $3
Pheasant $10
Sharp-tail Grouse app $3 permit ?
Fishing $20
Inland trout $10
Greatlakes trout $10
Lake Sturgeon ?
:shocked2:
If you are from out of sate you are f---ed

I am sure I omitted or screwed up a price, it’s no wonder why people hate the DNR :hmm:

By the way the sharp-tails will all be gone before either of my sons are old enough to hunt them. I think the state thinks we should just kill them all (probably less than 3000) and be done with it.

$40 Sportsman License gets me statewide hunting & fishing, and serves as a State game lands permit.
Covers small and big game hunting and includes 6 deer tags (4 bucks & 2 does) plus bear, boar, and turkey.

And I'm extremely lucky to have exclusive hunting rights on two posted private farms...I spend about $200 a year on each landowner & family in the form of things like $50 gift certificates for a nice steak house in the spring/summer, + Christmas hams and Christmas presents for them, etc.

32.00 for sportsman license which includes hunting/fishing, archery/primitive and turkey permit. no deer tags to buy. Hunt on private land is free.

In Kalifornia:

License --------- $34.90
1st Deer tag ---- $23.35
2nd Deer tag ---- $29.15
Wild Pig tag ---- $16.80
Bear tag -------- $34.15
Upland Game stamp -$7.10

Dammit booooy. I can't believe you have to have a tag to hunt wild boar. They're considered predators here and as such can be hunted anytime any other season is open with the same weapons used in that season. On deer we're allowed 3 bucks per year(one per day) with 4 points or better and 3 does per year(one per day). Plus two more does during archery season.

WildatHeart,
Resident Annual License $19
Deer Permit $24
Good for buck or doe,can get
up to three but must purchase
new permit after each harvest
Spring Turkey Permit $24
Fall Turkey Permit $24
Trapping Permit $15
Waterfowl Permits $15
Plus Federal Stamps
There are discounts for youth and seniors but these are the cost for your average hunter.
Forgot to mention a non-resident license is $125 plus the above permits.
snake-eyes

I bought a Lifetime hunting and fishing license in 1983...cost $300...We own about 850 acres of farmland in eastern NC....Priceless :rotf:

Alberta Canada

Wildlife certificate = $25.00

White tail general =$33.25
White tail Doe(draw) =$17.50 sometimes does on general tag depending on zone

Mule deet as above except mostly draws

Moose = $33.25

Elk $33.25

Antelope non trophy $18.25 Trophy $50.00

Black Bear (spring/fall) $14.75

Cougar $50.09

Goat $50.09

Camp Wainwright special deer licence (black powder 3 day season) $36.99

Foothills deer special licence (blackpowder/shotgun) $17.50

Trophy sheep $26.58

game bird (Huns/grouse) $9.96
Pheasant $13.65
Waterfoul -$18.00
Merriman's turkey (very limited draw) $25.01

Archery $8.50

WIN card $8.00

about 5X these prices for non-resident

Man oh man, you guys got it down! I'm not gonna get my wallet to look but I think I drop about $60 for my NYS sportsman's liscense with turkey and bear stamps. That includes muzzloader. that would entitle to me to take at least one sometimes up to three whitetail deer. I pay $300 a year to a club which enables me to hunt on private land in the Adirondacks
Now I do know the sirloins I get from my favorite butcher to take up to huntin camp are about $27.
I think my twelve pack of Guiness is about $12

Between South Carolina, Maryland, and Louisiana I spend about $400.00 for licenses. Then I spend about $2-3,000.00 for travel.
I was able to fly to S.C for $250.00 round trip when Hooter's Air and Independence Air were in business... now they're shut down I may have to cut my trips in half.

Back