• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What are you paying to hunt?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't imagine flyin anywhere to hunt, but that's old me, if'n I could figure out a quick way to do it I'd drive to Ireland. {I fly there and don't hunt, the fishing is great though}

:hmm: Ya mean I am suppose to buy a licence to hunt??

Golly so that is what that paper is on your backs. And here I thought it was a fancy way to carry your toilet paper. :)

Darn I knew there was somethin else I needed. :rotf:
Good thing I live in the booneys or I would be busted.

i did a cost of a pound of deer meat as i spent the money to get the deer fer a couple of years.............bob

My hunting costs

doz arrows-------------------------- 75.00
doz broadheads--------------------- 20.00
Bow cost----------------------------100.00
100 round balls .50------------------ 8.00
100 lubed patches------------------- 4.50
2 lb of goex 3f---------------------- 36.00
1 lb of goex 4f---------------------- 18.00
hunting lic 10 yrs----------------- 200.00
10 yrs archery stamps------------ 160.00
2 yrs muzzleloading---------------- 22.00
T/C hawkens .50-------------------450.00
10 yrs doe tags 3 each yea------- 180.00
total- 1305.50
divided by 14 deer= 93.25 a deer
14 deer avg 70 lbs meat each = 1.33 a pound
14 deer avg 60 lbs meat each = 1.55 a pound
14 deer avg 50 lbs meat each = 1.87 a pound
14 deer avg 40 lbs meat each = 2.33 a pound
14 deer avg 30 lbs meat each = 3.10 a pound

Old Charlie said:
I am past 65 so I don't pay the state anything anymore. How ever the hunting club I belong to is $350 a year. I could go to the public land to hunt but I don't like someone standing over me telling me what to do.
Old Charlie

Well the only thing I'm savin' is the $21 basic hunting and fishing license fee. The appropriate tags, WMA, and quota hunt fees remain the same. If I stay on my own 31 acres none of those other fees, except quota fees, don't apply.
Before I became an official old timer, I could hunt deer in Alabama as a non resident for less than I could in Tennessee as a resident. :cursing:

Over here on the left coast in Orygun:
Combination Hunting/Angling license - $43.75
Application for a controlled hunt - $4.50 each
Bighorn Sheep tag - $101.50
Black Bear tag - $11.50
Cougar tag - $11.50
Deer tag - $19.50
Elk tag - $34.50
Rocky Mt Goat tag - $101.50
Pronghorn Antelope tag - $36.50
Turkey tag - $18.00
A "Sports Pac" is $130.00 and includes resident Angling/Hunting license, Angling Harvest tag, Deer tag, Elk tag, Bear tag, Cougar tag and Spring Turkey tag.
Scott

Back