• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what do you hunt with?...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawk

54 Cal.
Reaction score
here's a shot of my hunting set up....let's see yours

DSC01842-1.jpg
[/img]

This first one is a TC Renegade with a 32” 45 cal Green Mountain barrel, 1-18 twist. It has a Lyman 57 SML peep, a Lee Shavers globe front sight with a level.
458bennitmountainmag2.jpg

This one is a TC Renegade with a Stainless Steel 50 cal Green Mountain barrel, 1-28 twist. It has a Lyman 57 SML peep, a Lyman 17 AML globe front sight with Lee Shavers inserts.
Farspeaker.jpg

This one is also a TC Renegade with a Stainless Steel 50 cal Green Mountain barrel, 1-28 twist. It has a Lyman 57 SML peep, a Lyman 17 AML globe front sight with Lee Shavers inserts. This is my Son’s rifle. Ron
Flatlander2.jpg

They shoot very well.
hey nice looking dog you have there. Here is a picture of my ESS. He passed away a couple years ago. The First ESS Master Hunter from Idaho, his name was Buzz Lightyear space Ranger MH. Ron
2250Jarbidge_chukar_2.jpg

Here's my favorite huntin rifle, Ole "Bull Knocker" a .62cal Jager by Jud Brennan. In the Picture with it is an original Howdah .69cal double pistol and a Longknife by ML Knives. The Bag is Buffalo hide and Buff horn by Beaverman Jim Smith.

Bear_Medicine.JPG

Ron your a lucky man to have had such a dog,they seem to look more complete when holding a retreive,good lookin lad indeed.
Sage,she is the pup I got in the spring, she's 8 months now and coming along quite nicely thanks to you and the others that have given me the guidence needed for springer type dogs.I thank you again.
NWFTL
that's a beauty pile of gear you have there...think I remember a fella holding that rifle sittin' atop a big beauty pile of moose... if memory serves me correctly?
nice

Here`s my rifles. 45cal CVA Kentucky, and 50cal CVA Mountain rifle. I built both from kits 20 or so years ago. The Kentucky gets the most use. It`s lighter, better balanced, and (for me anyway) just "points" better. It`s also the most accurate of the two. The pouch and horn are also my creations.

DSC00606.jpg

This would be for mild weather, a weskit, woolen leggins and overshirt/wrap would be added as needed.Gun is .58 bore French Fusil citrca 1725-30 made at Tulle armoury.

P9010041.jpg

is that an original piece? what length is the barrel?

nice gear

sure looks like you picked a good day...

you have the hunter orange rules in your neck-o-the woods?

I've only got a couple of shots loaded up.

The first is just the butt of my Green River Rifle Works 58 cal Hawken. With its 36" tapered barrel it tops 12 pounds, but is easily the most accurate muzzleloader I've ever shot.

grrwbutt.jpg

The second is a composite showing both sides of my refinished Traditions Crockett 32 cal below the original factory pic. Kinda perty once you get rid of all the gunk the factory put on. Accurate as can be too!

crockettallview.jpg

This is "Grizzler" a 58 Caliber Hawken with a Goodoien barrel that I built this last fall. He is setting on his first Kill on his first day hunting. A Missouri Whitetail that scored 148 B&C.

BigBuck.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Headhunter

111507InladderstandGoexcap.jpg

Is it me, or does this look like Wilson W. Wilson Jr. from the TV show Home Improvement?

I deer hunt with this gun made by my friend Jim Hash.

Germanic, early 18th century style, .45 cal., 37 3/4" bbl, customized Chambers lock, hand rifled, all hardware hand made.
I could never afford a gun like this today.

The bag and flask are made by me. The flask is of elk, pewter and walnut and the bag is of bark tanned deer.

270863515.jpg

270865076.jpg

270866892.jpg

270868466.jpg

Some beautiful rifles fellas! Some awesome game too!

I shoot a .50 cal longrifle:
WessFlintlockBuck.jpg

A .45 longrifle:
WessFlintlockDoe.jpg

A .32 longrifle occasionally: sorry no pic

A 12 ga flintlock:
flintlockrabbits.jpg

and a 12 ga double caplock:
wess_Smoked_rabbit_quail.jpg

I just need to go MORE OFTEN!!!!
:thumbsup:

Wess

"is that an original piece? what length is the barrel?"

It is a Fusil de chase from TOTW parts with 44in barrel no hunter orange regs. here but if not on a few places that I have exclusive hunting permission I often wear a red shrt or hat this pic was from last Sept whle looking for Doves and Quail saw neither so turned may attention to bushy tails

sqrlhunt2.jpg

Back