• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what do you hunt with?...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed on your .58cal, the lock is on the right side, but so is the cheek piece...never seen that before

roundball said:
I noticed on your .58cal, the lock is on the right side, but so is the cheek piece...never seen that before

Yeah, it's a lefty stock with a righty lock. I've heard that there are originals floating around that way, too, but I'm no authority.

I'm in touch with the GRRW smith who made it, so it was a special treat to find it last year. The "choked" GRRW barrel is a wonder for accuracy, but the big deal for me is the castoff for a lefty shooter. It comes up and points as naturally as a fine English shotgun, even if it is pretty barrel heavy.

I bought this one in the mid 70s from Bob Watts...It was a .45 until I converted it to a .40 in the late 80s...

Im000141.jpg

When I made this one...It's a .54...

Im000146.jpg

Damn, Swampy - Every single time I see that bag of yours I get so doggone jealous. Now I got a nice fowlin' bag you made me and it's a very nice thing indeed. But man..........just LOOK at that bag! I daresay I've never seen one so, so.....perfectly beautiful. As always, Nice job, sir.

tg - Are those Arrow Legioniere (sp?) mocs peakin' through? No I am NOT the PC police. I just think about gettin' me a pair of those every once iin awhile and wonder how they wear.

"tg - Are those Arrow Legioniere (sp?) mocs peakin' through"

Yes they are and I make no claims as to them being PC,though they are somewhat acceptable in some circles, but they are tough and wear well, one needs to order at least a size smaller than normal or your feet will float in them.I went with the tall ones to help keep out garbage.

The picture disappeared in my post above...for whatever reason :hmm:

Here's my favorite huntin rifle, Ole "Bull Knocker" a .62cal Jager by Jud Brennan. In the Picture with it is an original Howdah .69cal double pistol and a Longknife by ML Knives. The Bag is Buffalo hide and Buff horn by Beaverman Jim Smith.

Bear_Medicine.JPG

dovehunt9-04davesmuzzleloader.jpg

I have used this original 20ga flinter for Doves.
WmMooredovesovertop.jpg

I have used this original 12ga. for doves. This is actually the first time I went dove hunting period.

2004Mlerdeer1.jpg

I have used this Beck in 50cal. for deer.

Suzesdeer2005.jpg

My daughter used my 50 GPR. I never did take anything with that gun. Good thing she could.

NWTF Longhunter said:
The picture disappeared in my post above...for whatever reason :hmm:

Here's my favorite huntin rifle, Ole "Bull Knocker" a .62cal Jager by Jud Brennan. In the Picture with it is an original Howdah .69cal double pistol and a Longknife by ML Knives. The Bag is Buffalo hide and Buff horn by Beaverman Jim Smith.

Bear_Medicine.JPG

T'wern't this chil'es doins. I still see the original when I look back.

NWTF Longhunter said:

Bear_Medicine.JPG

Usually an image disappears because it has been moved or renamed on the image hosting site (i.e. Photobucket, Shrewbows, etc.) and the link is "killed".

Now there's four of 'em kickin' arounst here!

Nice kit, by the way. :wink:

T'wern't this chil'es doins. I still see the original when I look back.

It's back again :confused: ...them computer Gremlins is just tryin to embarrass me... :redface:

Back