• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what happened????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mschindel

32 Cal.
Reaction score
what happened to the inline forum? did you guys toss us out or what? i know i haven't been here in a while but dang...nothing on inlines anymore??? a little bit harsh isn't it? :huh:

Not only that.....But you got the BOOT!!! :haha:

Sorry .....but I couldn't resist it.... :blah:

what happened to the inline forum? did you guys toss us out or what? i know i haven't been here in a while but dang...nothing on inlines anymore??? a little bit harsh isn't it? :huh:
It was the only way to keep the hardcore traditional shooters from picking fights in the inline section. Claude had to choose one group over the other and inline shooters lost. We should respect Claude's decision. Just look at Halftail's post to get an idea of the attitudes involved.

Regardless of who did what to whom, the whole thing got real nasty.
This site was originally made for Traditional guns and Reenacting.
When the war of words got as bad as it did, Claude (and the rest of us moderators) felt this had developed into something that was not only unproductive but could drive off all of the people who come here wanting a enjoyable place to spend some time.

The only answer was to return the Forum to it's original goals. This resulted in the In-Line areas being closed.

It is commonly known that there are several Web sites which cater to In-Line shooters and this fact was one of the considerations which contributed to the decision.
The removal of the In-Line areas was not done in a vindictive manner and all In-Line shooters who are interested in the Traditional guns are more than welcome here. :thumbsup:

. Just look at Halftail's post to get an idea of the attitudes involved.
Awww Aflatlander,
I was just a funnin,Besides I got no problem with Inlines...I think they'd make a real Purty Lamp post!

"It was the only way to keep the hardcore traditional shooters from picking fights in the inline section"

I did not go to that forum and was unaware that there were any traditionalist that did... I do not recall any mention of this from anyone before, were there traditionalist goimg to the inline forum causeing trouble?, the forum is gone now but I am curious, as I had not heard of any problems such as mentioned above.

No, I don't think the main problem was in that forum. It was a problem across the entire site that cropped up in certain threads where, despite the inclusion of the inline forums to the site, things were said that clearly illustrated the inline's lack of acceptance, support and/or welcome in general.

Do I sense another inline vs. traditional debate coming on?

Let's not kick the horse, he's already dead.

Huntin

There are several threads that explain the removal of the inline categories.

And a detailed explanation was emailed to all registered members regarding the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back