• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What if they ban lead?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check with your local dentist. Some are still using leaded film packs for x-rays. The lead is collected and hsa to be treated as HASMAT. I get mime from my dentist for FREE. He does not have to pay to get it removed, I get "clean" lead. I wear gloves to protect me from germs and lead contact.

My wife and youngest son guided a bunch of them Audobonists during the location and capture of a nesting pair of condors. They seemed more'n a little strange to me. :shake:

Individual birders may be a little strange but their obsessions are very comparabe or as wacked as ours are. I'm just waiting to meet a PC Audoboner complete with fowling piece loaded with dust shot. The early birders did almost all small bird identification over a gun barrel. Just how did they get all those ivory bill study skins? :) The Audobon Society is not a reflexive antihunting group and recognizes the importance of hunting as a valuable management tool especially for deer. They hate to see the browse line in the woods as much as we do. In the Northeast they are very interested in well managed logging including clearcuts to offset the effects of the "asbestos" forest we seem to have. What's good for birds is almost always good for the animals we hunt and fish. GC

I guess we will all be shooting blunerbusses loaded with old nuts and bolts, links of chain and old nails and ball bearings and such!

i have about 2 tons of it so i am not worried. but i would advise if you buy lead buy it in balk not 4-5 lb. but 20 at a time.

Do you not remember when they banned lead shot for waterfowel with the stroke of a pen?

They did not make allowences for shooting up what you already had either!!

You will be stuck holding massive amounts of a contraband substance and at the very least you will be forced to pay the disposal fees! :rotf:

Our local newscasters seem to think that possession of more than 10 rounds makes one a terrorist. Imagine what they could do with possession of 50 pounds of lead the "could have been used as ammunition".

You do not need gun control if you have ammo control. There is no constitutional ammendment guarenteeing your access to ammo.

john4645 said:
What do we do if they ban lead for the use in guns?

Since we shoot muzzleloaders (antique type) guns, wouldn't we be protected by the grandfather clause? :hmm:

"They'd never do that"...."this can't happen in America".....WAKE UP. This kind of manure has been happening for DECADES. It has already past the point of no return, and people still haven't realized it...

yes i remember some of the backdoor gun control ideas. primers with a shelf life of 1 year. a tax on empty brass. remenber the book when you went to buy ammo? they had to regester .22 because they fit in a handgun. but did not have to regester .30-06. but then t-c came out with the contender and everything then was a handgun round.

i also rember guys saying they will not want my guns or ammo. but then when the lead ban went in on shot shells they cried like littles girls.

I could bloody well care less about some glorified hand fed buzzards. The freaken things have been going extinct since the demise of the mastodon and saber tooth tiger.

They make copper solid bullets for hunting large, dangerous game in Africa. They are designed to NOT expand. When shooting into the skull of an elephant or Cape buffalo, you need all the penetration you can get (for a long time, the calibers of choice for elephant hunting were the 7mm Mauser and 6.5mm Mannlicher-Schoenaur, which had long, heavy bullets that penetrated like crazy).

sadly this is NOT out'a the realm of possibilities, in n.y. it is ILLEGAL to buy lead sinkers,even from another state,via the net.. sooo far ya can still use them..so far....that stroke of the pen thing is very very scary! BEWARE! think i'll stock some more right away quick....soon they'll be takin car wheels..just fer the wheel weights...smoothbore only of course..... :confused: RC

You do not need gun control if you have ammo control. There is no constitutional ammendment guarenteeing your access to ammo.

Perhaps Ghost, but there is a clause for changing the government!

rabbit03

I got over 300 pounds of pure lead so I should be good for a year or two. :grin:

If I really get desperate, I will start pulling wheel weights off the cars in the Walmart parking lot. They are not as soft as pure lead but will do in a pinch.

Excuse me, lead comes from the ground. What's wrong with putting it back in the ground?

Wait until this new Congress and Senate starts it's lunacy. Nothing is out of the realm of their idiocy. This new bunch with try to sneak in all kinds of back door anti-gun policy. Do you think that for one second that Chucky, Nancy or Teddy give one squat about your shooting rights?

Stars&Bars you are right! The "funny" thing is that studies have shown when a bullet lodges into the ground such as at a range the amount of lead that seeps into the ground is negligible. As we all know when lead corrodes it forms a tough crusty shell which effectively seals the bullet or ball and prevents it from contaminating the soil. This is just another attempt at backdoor gun control. Do not worry the people will never let anything drastic like that happen.

"Do not worry, the people will never let anything drastic like that happen." What, are you kidding me!?!?!? Why, even I don't live in that Xanadu! People are morons. Sheep wishing to be led. They will do almost anything their leaders tell them to. Where have you been? Have you not seen what has gone on in this country the last 80 years???? Look at all the manure the government does today. When people were told 30 years ago that these things would come to pass, did they believe? No, they said "why, that would never happen in America". Well, that America doesn't exist anymore. People need to wake up and smell the coffee...though it sadly is really too late.

Back