• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What movie would you like to see made?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fort fireman

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I was thinking about some of the good frontier movies in the past. I was wondering what some of you guys would like to see made. I think it would be great if someone would make a GOOD movie about D. Boone. When I say a good movie, I mean a movie that is historically accurate and not a whole lot of damatical liberties taken. I also think a movie about Simon Kenton would be good maybe even Simon Girty.

I know those types of movies aren't selling right now but it's kinda fun to throw ideas around and see what other guys think would be good movies. Maybe there is someone on the forum that writes screenplays :grin:

I would like to see Allan Eckert's book "The Conquerors" made into a movie. This book is about Pontiac's Rebellion. As I read the book it seemed like I could visualize it as a movie.

Maybe one based on the life of Sir William Johnson. Another on Lew Wetzel, the Zanes, and the Wheeling settlement (Fort Henry). For remakes, Drums Along the Mohawk and The Unconquered would be good candidates. And what ever happened to the rumored sequel to Master And Commander? Ahh, so many wishes, so little time.

The 3rd in the series by Sharra: "Gettysburg", "God and General" and gee I forget the next one it's been so long since I read it. And good any Tom Sellack as a Sackett.

Having just finished the new book,Bloody Mohawk,I'd like to see a quality movie done on the rev War battles of the Mohawk Valley, the frontier border of New York, including Sir Wm Johnston's part in it all.

Civil War - Si Klegg and his pard Shorty

Revolution - Drums along the mohawk - Following the book.

Foster From Flint

:thumbsup: "The Captives" and "The Woodsman" by Don Wright. Also "The Frontiersmen" by Allen Elkert. What would be nice would be David McCullough's "1776".

I think the Lewis and Clark expedition would make a great mini-series.

I aree with R.M., I'd like to see Undaunted Courage made but I think it needs to be a 3 or 4 part mini series and do it right.

Chad

R.M. said:
I think the Lewis and Clark expedition would make a great mini-series.

Me to but why in the hell didn't they do in during the Bicentenial of it? We have a lot of important Bicentenial dates comeing up that Hollweird seems to be missing the boat. This should have been something done and shown during the 2004-2006 time frame.

I'm related to Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry and would like to see something done about the battle of Lake Erie but I doubt we'll see anything about it. It's an important Bicentenial and should be reconized.

"We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop."

I would like to see a series based on Terry C. Johnston's Titus Bass novels.

Cresap's War - the struggle between colonial PA and Md, actually fought in London in the courts and here on the soil.

Lewis and Clark expedition

The new world conflict between the Cavaliers and Roundheads that lead to the Battle of the Severn near Annapolis MD

A mini series starting with the horrible after math of the 30 years war and the hard times of the immigrants leaving Bavaria, Switzerland and Alsace to hard times hacking out a life in frontier PA.

Adobe Walls

The illfated American invasion of Canada in the War of 1812.

All great ideas. Swampy , I didn't even think about the battle of Lake Erie. That would be an awesome movie. I'm originally from Erie Pa. There's alot of history in that town surrounding that battle. Misery bay is on Presque Isle. That is where Oliver Hazard Perry built his fleet for the battle of lake erie.

They have a tall ship in Erie. It's the Flag ship niagra. Truely an awesome sight coming across the Lake in the morning fog. I've seen it several times out on the lake when I've been out fishing with my dad. It's pretty cool to see all the guys working and sing some old timey songs while doing it.
http://flagshipniagara.org/flagship_niagara/index.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
fort fireman said:
All great ideas. Swampy , I didn't even think about the battle of Lake Erie. That would be an awesome movie. I'm originally from Erie Pa. There's alot of history in that town surrounding that battle. Misery bay is on Presque Isle. That is where Oliver Hazard Perry built his fleet for the battle of lake erie.

They have a tall ship in Erie. It's the Flag ship niagra. Truely an awesome sight coming across the Lake in the morning fog. I've seen it several times out on the lake when I've been out fishing with my dad. It's pretty cool to see all the guys working and sing some old timey songs while doing it.
http://flagshipniagara.org/flagship_niagara/index.htm[/quote]

I'd love to see that once. I figure if they can make "Master and Commander" they can make this one, that far to many don't know much about. It was and I believe still is the first time a British squadron of ships was captured.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back