• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received a "custom" handmade "CROSS of LORRAINNE" .54cal ball bag made to order from such a talented member of this forum! Couldn't be more pleased with it!!! Just how I envisioned it! All I did was to add a wood "cinch bead" and the suede neck lanyard...Beautiful work and a big thanks to DiMarco in Texas! 🤝👌
I love the RED CROSS outlined in black for contrast! A practical eyecatcher n conversation piece! I recommend DiMarco's custom work and ALL his items! THANKS from NC!

Received a "custom" handmade "CROSS of LORRAINNE" .54cal ball bag made to order from such a talented member of this forum! Couldn't be more pleased with it!!! Just how I envisioned it! All I did was to add a wood "cinch bead" and the suede neck lanyard...Beautiful work and a big thanks to DiMarco in Texas! 🤝👌
Beautiful job! It has never ocurred to me to make a ball bag before, and have (up to now) clumsily used a small tin to contain my balls. I have, since seeing your new bag, ordered a sheet of leather, some linen thread and a 'Sewing Awl' from Ebay.
Enjoy making your bag and especially the DIY part!!! Ditch the loud "tin rattle can" to carry lead balls afield! Lol! Good luck with your new project my friend! from North Carolina, USA!😁👍

Last edited:
Okay guys. Although I haven't done much, in terms of ML stuff lately (other than cast 50 Maxi Balls), I have been busting my chops and wracking my brain in prep for the upcoming ML season. The first ML season opens here in 6 more days.

In the meantime, I have taken a necessary break from my squirrel hunting with my beloved Crockett Squirrel rifle. But only due to the fact that filling my freezers with deer meat is of the utmost importance (the first ML season here is only two days long). We rely on a 4 deer minimum to get us through the year. We do no buy store bought meat. In doing so, and considering the longer season, this ole boy heavily relies on bowhunting to fulfill the aforementioned.

With that said, and before you all roast me here, the entire time this ole mountain man is out in the woods with his bow (crossbow now due to a destroyed shoulder) all I can think about is ML season. Therefore, every one of those many, many, hobbled steps in this steep and thick mountainous terrain is in prep, or in search of, a good place to ML hunt.

Believe me fellas, even with a very bad knee, I'm still out there giving it hell on finding good place to ML hunt. Even while I'm out there with a crossbow, its all about my beloved ML's. Whether it be with those wonderful, grey bushy tail I constantly see, or the deer and/or deer sign I see while scouting, its all about ML for this ole, worn out, mountain man.
ETipp, you're killing me! You were talking about getting meat, and then you warned us not to roast you! :)😁😂

Congrats on getting out there. I am sure that freezer will be full before you know it.

Pete

Over the past few days I did a bit of shooting with my 40 Cal SMR... I had replaced the front sight with a silver one from TOTW and didn't do enough verification shooting for point of aim adjustments prior to the last club shoot, so I did a miserable job at that shoot. Downright discouraging!

Over the course of a couple days, I shot enough to know just where it was hitting and made adjustments. I'm liking it now... just need to settle down a little more and control my breathing and trigger pull a little smoother and it should tighten up some more.

View attachment 260879
Nice shooting. Semper Fi.

Beautiful job! It has never ocurred to me to make a ball bag before, and have (up to now) clumsily used a small tin to contain my balls. I have, since seeing your new bag, ordered a sheet of leather, some linen thread and a 'Sewing Awl' from Ebay.
I have made several over the years and gave them to pretender friends for christmas presents I hair on tanned the equipment pouch and sheath off some 200 pound plus bucks. they laughed like hell and they worked really well as a hunting BALL bag gee imagine that

Found this at the front door when I got home late from my club's ml shoot Saturday but didn't get a chance to open it up till yesterday afternoon.....Kibler colonial, plain maple stock w/no patchbox, .58(24 ga) smoothbore.

Attachments

• PXL_20231015_205053824.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231015_205053824.MP.jpg
    737.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231015_211109052.jpg
    PXL_20231015_211109052.jpg
    1,010 KB · Views: 0
I have made several over the years and gave them to pretender friends for christmas presents I hair on tanned the equipment pouch and sheath off some 200 pound plus bucks. they laughed like hell and they worked really well as a hunting BALL bag gee imagine that
I would order one off you myself, only shipping charges would be prohibitive. Looking forward to having a go at one myself though. The design on the example shown is very similar to the 'Le France Libre' emblem of Ww2.

Latest posts

Back