• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Golf ball barrel lamination parts coming together.

Currently .300 wall. Could go to .400 or bigger. But I hate hacksawing 2.25 inch steel pipe by hand.

And I'm thinking a turned black locust breech plug will work. It'll get a steel insert to hold the charge. I think.

Will use a 1/4 inch steel pin and cross pin it. Might make it removable so I can load powder from the breech end.

Attachments

• IMG_3792.JPG
    IMG_3792.JPG
    863.3 KB
  • IMG_3794.JPG
    IMG_3794.JPG
    853.1 KB
Giving rust bluing my first attempt.

Two year old Kibler SMR that I used Jax black on. After a few thousand shots it was looking pretty rough.
Spent he week sanding the part. Applied the LMF at 11:00 this mornin, now it’s a waiting game.

Ran my last match of this year. 21 shooters, 4 admin and 2 guests observers. Gave out over $240 in meat prizes, shook lots of hands, received lots of smiles and several were disapointed with no December shoot. Over 50% increase over last year average number of shooters. 11 last year 17 this year.

Wife and I were out and about, and saw a real nice wooden carpenters tool box. She's going to give it to me for Xmas, will make a nice range shooting box at camp, and get rid of the plastic tool box. :) I'll just put a couple of dividers in it and it will hold all my stuff just fine.

Score !! I went to a gun show today and bought 8 bags of shotgun shells for $20. Probably 3/4 of them are the old paper cartridges and aren't much good. I bought them all as there is every shot size imaginable in those, most being 4's, 5's and 6's. When I need a shot charge, all I need to do is cut off the end of the shell and Voila !! A pre-measured shot charge that will go down the tube for my .54 smoothbore and 12 gauge SxS. I'll never need to buy any shot again.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Attachments

• shells.JPG
    shells.JPG
    1.9 MB
Had a great time with friends at Yadkin Valley Longrifles and came in third place at our 50 yard off-hand club shoot. Many, many thanks for the great coaching from my friend and expert marksman Charlie B!
Good shooting. The target is interesting though. Never seen one that encourages Texas heartshots.

But N.J. has a lot of screwed up rules.
Oh, believe me, I understand! 😂 Oregon used to be .45 and was very glad that they came to their senses and lowered it. .50 minimum for Elk but, our Rosey's are big in body compared to the Rocky Mountain Elk and I wouldn't (personally) use less than a .54!

Back