• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my first little buck of the season with my customized Western Arms, bored out to .58 caliber by Bobby Hoyt with a 1X66 twist and deep lands and grooves for a patched round ball. The lock panels have have been reshaped and forearm was slimmed down to make it look more Hawkenish.
Good times.
Congratulations!

Made up some paper cartridges for my Zoli 10 bore using a Brown Bess template. Also made a few for my .54 Harper's Ferry pistol using template dimensions I found online. Now I'm waiting for UPS to deliver the powder I ordered from Powder Inc. Thanks

@Kevin
"Western Arms, bored out to .58 caliber by Bobby Hoyt with a 1X66 twist and deep lands and grooves for a patched round ball. The lock panels have have been reshaped and forearm was slimmed down to make it look more Hawkenish."

I'd like to see some pics of that. :D

@Kevin
"Western Arms, bored out to .58 caliber by Bobby Hoyt with a 1X66 twist and deep lands and grooves for a patched round ball. The lock panels have have been reshaped and forearm was slimmed down to make it look more Hawkenish."

I'd like to see some pics of that. :D

Attachments

• IMG_3873[1].JPG
    IMG_3873[1].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3872[1].JPG
    IMG_3872[1].JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3875.JPG
    IMG_3875.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Finally got the ol' smoker fixed today.
This is what it looked like last week when it fell over and hit the floor.
Yikes..that's no fun...!!

371445788_233977286374257_4330597741545448335_n.jpg

Today.....the new frizzen arrived and I went to work getting it back on the lock.
It wouldn't close without hitting the barrel.
No problem..... I took it back off, put the blade edge ( side towards the barrel ) on the ol' bench grinder.
I took 1/8" off and put it back on.

385529467_879910500400663_8132234799213757689_n.jpg

Sparks like a new one again!
I can't wait to get it out and dirty again!

Got my first little buck of the season with my customized Western Arms, bored out to .58 caliber by Bobby Hoyt with a 1X66 twist and deep lands and grooves for a patched round ball. The lock panels have have been reshaped and forearm was slimmed down to make it look more Hawkenish.
Good times.
Congratulations. Very nice rack!

Finally got the ol' smoker fixed today.
This is what it looked like last week when it fell over and hit the floor.
Yikes..that's no fun...!!

View attachment 273684

Today.....the new frizzen arrived and I went to work getting it back on the lock.
It wouldn't close without hitting the barrel.
No problem..... I took it back off, put the blade edge ( side towards the barrel ) on the ol' bench grinder.
I took 1/8" off and put it back on.

View attachment 273685

Sparks like a new one again!
I can't wait to get it out and dirty again!
Nice!

Latest posts

Back