• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went shooting with my son and 2 yr old grandson. The little guy watched and every time the rifle went off he'd say "you did it!". Very cute. He also said "me try" which was great to hear....have to wait a few years. :) My son who does not shoot much is actually a pretty darn good shot.
I think that's great👍 Get them interested when their young!

worked on the Colonel's walnut Kentucky.
decided to thro caution to the wind and carve some on it.
still rough but coming along. think its ok for the first ever.
1724700868019.jpeg

I finally had time to finish my Investarm Bridger Hawken facelift. I removed a lot of wood off the entire stock. I added an iron nose cap and entry pipe. I removed all the ugly pattern on the face of the lock. I really don’t like the Investarm style of patch box so I reworked it to remove the wood ring around the lid. I added a toe plate. I stippled the wrist area for better grip and captured the wedge key. I also draw filed all the stamping off the barrel except for the one flat that is stamped Bridger Hawken 45. Also since I don’t like brass I powder coated all the brass satin black. This was my first muzzleloader, it’s an incredibly accurate rifle but I just never really liked the look of it. I really like the looks of the California rifles so this was my best interpretation with what I had to work with.

Attachments

• IMG_6678.jpeg
    IMG_6678.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6679.jpeg
    IMG_6679.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6680.jpeg
    IMG_6680.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6690.jpeg
    IMG_6690.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6691.jpeg
    IMG_6691.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6692.jpeg
    IMG_6692.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6685.jpeg
    IMG_6685.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6686.jpeg
    IMG_6686.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6687.jpeg
    IMG_6687.jpeg
    966.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6684.jpeg
    IMG_6684.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
I sighted in my my .50 cal Kibler Woodsrunner using my newly made folding shooting bench.View attachment 344493
I like the looks of that. I've thought about making one but not sure about fitting it in the back of my Explorer.

I belong to two clubs. One for all types of firearms and one ml only. The all types has solid concrete benches which are great but it can be windy there. The ml club has a couple benches but not that great.

Back