• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waited on mailman again,brought rear sight other stuff getting here tomorrow,so think a little better of him,Took 4 days for rear sight to travel 19 miles after it got to Oklahoma from Oregon in 3 days.
I finally got a gunstock here after it left the North East 25 days ago.
Waited on mailman again,brought rear sight other stuff getting here tomorrow,so think a little better of him,Took 4 days for rear sight to travel 19 miles after it got to Oklahoma from Oregon in 3 days.

Its pretty grungy looking from all the soot then handling it but the barrel is now pinned, trigger mounted, lock and serpent plated are mounted and I cut the stock off as well.
After I pinned everything I pulled it up to my shoulder and found the length of pull was to long for me. I cut an 1 1/4" off and now its perfect for me.
Still work in progress.

Attachments

• IMG_20240827_165219836.jpg
    IMG_20240827_165219836.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I made a depth gauge out of some scrap aluminum. I have seen pictures of some pretty nice ones made out of brass and like them, just don’t want to pay for them!
IMG_6693.jpeg

Got lucky walking out of the shop, I stepped out within 4 inches of it and it didn’t strike or rattle.

Attachments

• IMG_6697.jpeg
    IMG_6697.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6696.jpeg
    IMG_6696.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6694.jpeg
    IMG_6694.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
I made a depth gauge out of some scrap aluminum. I have seen pictures of some pretty nice ones made out of brass and like them, just don’t want to pay for them!View attachment 345113
Got lucky walking out of the shop, I stepped out within 4 inches of it and it didn’t strike or rattle.
can you measure how high you jumped with that gauge?🤣

I can't live where rattlers do, having been raised around them and having less that amiable inter actions with them.
But that is a beautiful snake. seem almost dormant?
We had a very cold weekend with rain on Saturday. Lows were 48 degrees. It’s 85 today. I’m at 3000ft, many I find are like this one, non confrontational. When our son was young and id find one I would try to make them rattle and strike but many just turned around and went the other way. Some are just plainly nasty.

Attachments

• IMG_7188.jpeg
    IMG_7188.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Couldn’t shoot today, I had to take my sick dog to the vet. I am patiently waiting on a 20g Kibler Fowler, so what was I supposed to do? I just ordered a Kibler woods runner in 45cal. A great day after all!
For a happy bloke, that rat in your avatar looks pretty cranky! I do hope your dog improves 👍.

Cheers, Pete
River Rat.jpg

Back