• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
took it easy today. went to lunch with our neighbor. sat on the porch and shot ground squirrels out in the garden.
got home and finished inletting a Ram Rod thimble. to tired to drill and pin it today. besides, i need something to do tomorrow!
Happiest 4th of July my fellow Americans!

Not as good as many here are capable of but I’m new to flintlock!;-) At least that my current excuse! I burned some powder in my 45 cal poor boy! 25 yards of hand. Except the one shot in the bulls eye was 37 yards with shooting sticks.
I would be happy with that off hand at 25yd. In the last 1000 rb maybe a dozen where off hand. Got to start practising.

I do my gunsmithing in my bathroom, put a large cutting board over the sink.

Yesterday I re-fitted the hand assembly in one of the three Colt 1849 Pockets I own; just got this one and the hand that was in it was too long, the wrong shape, and the spring was bad, so the cylinder would not revolve.

Works great now.

All in my bathroom…View attachment 331811
My work area setup is in two parts. The major part is a long narrow heavy bench (@ 24.5" high X 25.5" long X 9" wide) I built years ago for a sawhorse. This year I clamped a wider longer pine board on top it and bolted on two Dunlap 5239 vises, one on each end. To stabilize this, I have clamped a square piece of plywood to one vertical leg of the bench. The second part is a two foot high wooden bar stool with a big rectangular piece of plywood clamped to the top. These two parts are pushed together. Of course I use methods and wood shapes in the vise jaws. All this is between the LR couch and the TV/VCR/DVD stuff. I'm building a flintlock long rifle without plans. Nothing was predrilled, tapped, or laid out. Swamped barrel.

Modified my Kibler Colonial ramrod by permanently affixing a rammer tip on the "other" end. Which as a side benefit, also makes it easier to pull out. I got it from Track of the Wolf:
IMG_0092 2.JPG

I’ve started a rehab project on an old TC Hawken stock.
I did this a couple years ago on a kit TC that had been poorly finished by original owner!! I was well pleased!! Some before and after!

Attachments

• IMG_0735.jpeg
    IMG_0735.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0736.jpeg
    IMG_0736.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0976.jpeg
    IMG_0976.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0977.jpeg
    IMG_0977.jpeg