• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would like to see some pictures of it. Also some commentary on your thoughts on the accuracy of the inletting. I'm on the edge of ordering an English sporting rifle kit but am a little afraid I might be dealing with Pecatonicaish out of position inletting.

I agree on the value of saddle stitching and rarely do otherwise but his lacing is attractive. It could probably use a welt to protect the lace.
Just this morning I came to the same conclusion that a welt will be glued and stitched in my next version for that very reason. I like the look of this stitching style. Thanks.

I finished Horn #64, "Libertas Perfundet Omnis Luce"
(Liberty Floods All Things In Light).

Attachments

• IMG_2556.jpg
    IMG_2556.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2558.jpg
    IMG_2558.jpg
    697.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2561.jpg
    IMG_2561.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2560.jpg
    IMG_2560.jpg
    628.9 KB · Views: 0
Not quite muzzleloading stuff yet, but hung out with my new, soon to be chasing squirrels, MtCur pups. I will have them out this fall. And at some point, they will know the boom of the flintlock like their mom n pop!!!
I have trained some squirrel dogs, had some good squirrel and coon dogs Mt.curs.

One of the many automotive diy's that we grew up with. Saddens me that these skills are not often picked up by the younger generations.

BTW my wife says that I am cheap, I counter that I am frugal. 🤑🤪
I always use the scale of how many trips to the range will this work cover. That puts things in proper prospective!

Check out this toothy young fellow; not today, but yesterday. I spotted him from a long way off as he was rooting around the fringes of a lagoon - his blackness against the green made him stand out. I had to veer wide around to get the wind in my favour, which put me looking at his rear end. As he was engaged head down, hoeing into the mud for whatever delicacy he was enjoying, lip-smacking and crunching away, I was able to get really close. The family jewels were presented like an international target, so from 20 metres using a six o'clock hold, he copped a .576 (58 cal) 500gn minie just under the tail between the hams; poor blighter's rear end nearly overtook his front. The projectile must have clipped a pelvic bone, changing direction and exiting just behind his front left leg. He succumbed quite spectacularly.

Cheers, Pete

15.jpg

13.jpg
14.jpg

Check out this toothy young fellow; not today, but yesterday. I spotted him from a long way off as he was rooting around the fringes of a lagoon - his blackness against the green made him stand out. I had to veer wide around to get the wind in my favour, which put me looking at his rear end. As he was engaged head down, hoeing into the mud for whatever delicacy he was enjoying, lip-smacking and crunching away, I was able to get really close. The family jewels were presented like an international target, so from 20 metres using a six o'clock hold, he copped a .576 (58 cal) 500gn minie just under the tail between the hams; poor blighter's rear end nearly overtook his front. The projectile must have clipped a pelvic bone, changing direction and exiting just behind his front left leg. He succumbed quite spectacularly.

Cheers, Pete

View attachment 332354
View attachment 332356View attachment 332361
That will make some fine sausage!!

At Old FT. Niagara. Lots of helping settiing up reenactors with new gun. As far as jagsand cleaning stuff. Ran into a brand new India made Charleville. Stamped 69 cal bore measured .66. Outside of that just jags and range rods for
Some pics of the French camp and sutler area from Old FT Niagara this weekend

Attachments

• 20240706_093925.jpg
    20240706_093925.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240706_093921.jpg
    20240706_093921.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240706_093917.jpg
    20240706_093917.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
I made a trip to a Wally World an hour away with a small hope they'd have caps. I've called them 3 times unsuccessfully but I didn't trust the answer I got since I bought them here last summer.
It took a while but I looked until I saw a familiar looking clear plastic package in a box way up above the racks.
I could barely reach it but finally got my finger on it. Success!!! A full box of 10 packs of caps. Looks like they came in but were never put on the shelves. Not even priced yet.
It was tempting to buy them all but I didn't want to be greedy so I only bought 6 and left 4 for someone else. I figured that would be enough in case I need to share with someone that is in bad need.
I was a little concerned that they weren't priced but when I checked out they were priced at $5.62 each.
My pistols are ready to get outside for a workout.
Make sure the WM you are looking for caps also carries guns. It seems they are the ones that have caps. Also look for them all around. They're not always where they should be.
after 20 plus years in retail sales your not doing anybody a favor by leaving any on the hook. walmart is on a autofill system the more often you buy them out the more often the computer orders more if this happens often enough they increase the amount they order. just saying

Cheers, Pete

View attachment 332354
View attachment 332356View attachment 332361

Absolutely love the narrative! Awesome pics, too. You’re living our dreams…

after 20 plus years in retail sales your not doing anybody a favor by leaving any on the hook. walmart is on a autofill system the more often you buy them out the more often the computer orders more if this happens often enough they increase the amount they order. just saying
Thank you for your input. However, in this case, I have to respectfully disagree. For this particular product, Walmart gets in one shipment of them per year. I don't think they are on an auto reorder system. If that were the case, these Walmarts would all have caps.
I don't think there's any need for me to buy all the caps if I don't need them anyway. Someone will be happy that I left a few.
But, I do know what you were talking about when you mentioned usage. I was in purchasing and inventory control for 23 years. I am very familiar with the subject.
Thanks again.

Made up some paper cartridges for shooting with my Kibler Colonial:
IMG_0093.JPG

Each cartridge contains a paper-patched and lubed .570 ball and 70 gr. of 2F Swiss.

Don't know when I'll get to shoot them, though. The only public range currently open is flooded from recent abundant & heavy rainfall. And more predicted until Wednesday at the earliest.

Back