• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attended a match at my club. It was well attended and the company was great.

Although this was a match, my main plan was to shoot the rifle that I have just coned. This one is for a granddaughter and it needs to be checked out carefully and prepared for use. It had never been fired before but I was pleasantly surprised to have it shoot directly to point of aim for 4 shots out of 7.

I didn't cone this so deep as to be koade without a short starter. What I was after was the ability to relatively easily start a ball with a thickish patch. That was achieved. It easily took a 495 ball and .018 #40 drill patch. It shot so well I decided to shoot the match with it. My match results were nothing to brag about since the black sights pretty much disappeared with a black target board and black animal targets.

All in all I'm very favorably impressed with the coning and will be doing this with more barrels.

Fired patches look very good.

20241006_102416_copy_551x317.jpg
20241005_130157_copy_397x529.jpg

We had our little BP match today. My shooting was poor but wait....I have excuses: Shooting in the rain. Didn't feel good. No concentration (worried about Milton coming to my house). I was surprised that others were also struggling today and ended up with a second in pistol and second in rifle. Good people and a good morning. Better than watching spaghetti models on TV all morning.

Back