• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not what did I do, but what I got. The e-mail that the Fowler I ordered is being shipped today.
Now I just need to be patient, like the people trying to get Ketchup out of the Heinz bottle. 😅 "Anticipation" (You know you just sang that word!)

The Doc is out now. :cool:

A family friend is a shooter on the Kentucky Corps of Longrifles. We are planning on doing a camping trip with my parents next year to Ft Boonesboro the same weekend as the shoot. Wanted to this year but my wife is 8 1/2 months pregnant so that probably would have been a bad idea. 😄
Nice! Hopefully see you next year!! Well you never know she could have given birth at the Ft. that would have been a great story for them growing up

Well, more than just today, but I wrapped it up today.
I made this this set of .58 Bucks County styled guns for myself some time ago. The reactive agent I use on the wood, Aqua Fortis, never stopped working and over the years the wood became almost black and the beautiful figure God put in that wood was pretty much obscured, so I stripped them and at the risk of screwing up some of the best incise carving I have ever done, sanded them, used an Alcohol based stain, and re finished them with an all natural Tung oil finish. Didn't hurt the carving too bad and once again the grain pops! Now to the range.
IMG_0007.jpeg
IMG_0008.jpeg

Robin

First shots today through my new Loyalist British Sea Service pistol .62 caliber. All went well. Using 2F Swiss, lightly lubed tow and .600 balls. Started light at 25 gr. and worked my way up through 30, 35, 40 and 45. Stopped at 45 gr. because heavier loads weren't giving any shooting advantage, but were beginning to knock my knuckle a bit too much. This gun seems to like the recommended 35 gr. load just fine. It shoots about six inches high at seven paces, sighting down the barrel and putting the top of the tang at a six-o'clock hold to POA. I started getting misfires toward the end due a weak spark from a dulled flint, and after some emergency field knapping, got it sparking enough to get off another half dozen shots. I shot until I used up all my tow, which was I'd guess about 20 rounds. Conclusions: I'm happy with this gun. It's a lot of fun and runs well.

A friend took a video of me shooting:

Back