• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whatever it be, looks good without the paint.
mostly i can't nail down what wood is without smelling it. my father had sawmills before i was born and i can't remember when he didn't have one until he passed. I get chills smelling a fresh cut board.
last mill he had we milled a black walnut. he has been gone 30 years and i still have some of that walnut.

The wood is light weight and soft. Really soft. Doesn’t take much to put a blemish on it. The steel seems okay though. Probably why these were thrown in on a trade.😄. I can always change the wood later if needed.

The last three days I spent at the Quad State blacksmith roundup in Troy Ohio. Tailgate sales netted me some fun stuff. Most of the blacksmith hammers and ball peens I paid $1 for I'm happy for the coil spring to make tools as I didn't have any in that size. The little lead pot will be handy when I get it cleaned up. The big stake anvil in the middle is awesome. It was a working anvil when George Washington was alive. I'm looking forward to getting it stump mounted and forge historical things on it as was done originally.
Ohio Rusty ><>
Thanks for display; I've never seen a stake anvil. Dale

Latest posts

Back