• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Whats Everybody Doing?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Man, this section seems like a bad marriage. Few people talking to each other much.

Have not done any muzzleloading for some time. Work finally picked up (maybe a bit too much) around the new year. Figure I've slept in my own bed maybe two weeks total since then.
But predictions are that it'll slow down a bit so maybe I can get one or two of my rifles sorted out in time for hunting season. I'm wanting to try Dutch's dry patch so it might take a bit to find the load I want. Hopefully next year I'll be in a position to use a primitive tag in Camp Wainwright. Do wish they'd institute a traditional muzzleloading season for the rest of the province.

Unfortunately it appears that again this year I likely won't make the Pincher Creek shoot, always a good time.

How's everybody's powder and cap situation? The last little while it seems like only gun shows have powder as "local" suppliers. Otherwise it involves shipping. Caps are a case of jump on them when you find them.

i have a squirrel gun project on the go but thats about it.

im going to retire the game. have been in it since 1985, time to move on.

hope everyone is well.

ou

Last edited:
Hey Yonderin,

Me, I'm getting back into things after a good hiatus as well. I've got a Kibler Colonial (see the other thread) that's getting close to done and I just started on a horn roll priming flask...might actually be able to get out and send some lead down range this year ;)

F2DE963A-48D3-4D88-890E-6C6B0348E78C.png

I’ve been working on longbows lately. Built myself a German style shave horse and knocked out a kids bow for practice. It turned out okay. Better than I expected, and the broken limb was only in a dream I had the night after I finished tillering it. 😱

48"
16" draw length
13 lb draw weight

IMG_5880.jpeg

Last edited:
Finishing up my last of the windows. Boy do I hate ladders. Had to pre build the casing as a complete unit. Prime and paint to hang Sunday.
Yeah...ladders...been a part of my career and am ready to use them very little in the future. My neighbor has one of those floor-to-ceiling book shelves with rolling ladder. He fell off it earlier this week. Hit his head, brain bleed, couldn't communicate, ambulance, surgery to drain the pressure and on the mend but slowly. Please do be careful.

Latest posts

Back