• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what's your gun's name?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I call mine Fred.

I kneel down, take careful aim, and say softly as I squeeze the trigger..."we can do it Fred."

I have a .54 cal Hawken rifle that is named THOR and the ball is his hammer :)

I haven't given it much thought ,BUT,I f I had to give my rifle a name I think double M would be good ( Meat Maker) :hmm:

.. jan 6 / 03:00

what the hey, after this many what's one more:

my LeMat is named " ol' Moses" for surely he shall deliverith unto thy enemy a firey fury of 10 commandments - 9 in .454 and 1 in 18ga. ahmen.

(it's been a slow week, what else can i say...)

:hatsoff: ~daniel~

Back in the Mid 70's my dad started his own little Muzzleloading Buisness called "Patch Box Arms". He assembled all parts needed to build a Hawkins rifle in to a kit to be sold. He made a Prototype the He named "Brutis Smoke Pole". I now have this Gun and still call it the same.
Recently I found enough parts around his house that I was able to Build one for my Oldest son for this past Christmas. My son stands about 6ft 1in and is a big strong boy for which this 54 cal Hawkins was suited for. It Is a BIG GUN!
My wife named it for him "Big Damn Gun".
He loves it and it shoots like a dream. Hopefully this weekend he will take a Deer with it. Just think, that gun has been waiting around for 35 years to come to life and do what it was meant to do.. Oh "Brutis Smokepole" will be out there also..

Trapper D

Me and Fred have a lot of venison in our future.

Fred doesn't like eating venison much. He enjoys Ballistol too much.

.. jan 6 / 14:25

capper,

have you ever taken any elk with "Fred" ?

i was watching the 'versus' channel and it seems like going after one of those bad boys would be a lot more challenging.. would it even be possible with bp ?

~d~

LeMat1856 said:
.. jan 6 / 14:25

capper,

have you ever taken any elk with "Fred" ?

i was watching the 'versus' channel and it seems like going after one of those bad boys would be a lot more challenging.. would it even be possible with bp ?

~d~

Oh yeah. It's more than possible. No long shots like the CF boys, or the inline boys, but a good old ML with a PRB can take elk. I did go to a .54 for some more hitting power.
You have to be more of a hunter and get closer, but that's a good thing. :grin:

Me and Fred are new friends, but we'll get an elk someday.

I got Wormy (cause of the wormy maple) & Axle cause of the spline on the end of the barrel.

Interesting one was Rotten Ralph Jones gun he called Ol Lightning (cause it never struck the same place twice)

Paul

Finished my Issac Hains back in October and called it Ottis after Ottis Cambell on the Andy Griffit show cause my gun looked like a drunk had been working on it :rotf: Since buck and muzzleloader seasons I have been thinking about a new name, Homelite. All I have to show for the seasons are a dogwood and a maple tree. :grin: They jumped in the way of the ball and wouldn't let me hit the deer I was aiming at. :idunno:

The Pedersoli Hawken is know as the Hawken.
My L1A1 (SLR) Matilda and the SAW I carried in the Army was gripe in Heat- the receiving end was just plain nasty to be on

Bigdogg:

Muzzleloader Gun Names

Percussion Lock

.32 - Squirrely
.45 - Old Kentucky
.577 - Emma

Flintlock

.50 - Abigail
.75 - Bessie

Doglock

.62 - Helga

Snaphaunce

.72 - Olga

Wheellock

.58 - Sparky

Matchlock\Flintlock

.72 - Wilma

Matchlock

.62 - Anna
.72 - Trudy
.75 - Hildegarde
.83 - Brünhilda (Under construction)

Serpentine Lock

.54 - Isolde
.77 - Gretchen

Handgonne

.50 ”“ Mercury
.56 - Hariela
.58 - Bertha (Under construction)
.75 Round - Dora
.75 Hex - Freyja
.75 Hakenbüchse ”“ Herfjotur

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

Cool names fellas! :thumbsup: I'll just toss in the name of my "Zombie Gun"...My Rock River AR is "Erma" ...for ERMAgeddon. :v

Just because you ain't paranoid, doesn't mean that they ain't out to get ya! :shocked2:

Thought I'd get a rile out'a the ol lady when I told her me and Sugar were going to the woods, she didn't even bat an eye and asked, Is that what you named it?

:surrender: My 50 caliber Schimmel is named "ARMINIUS",chieftain of the Cherusci who defeated a Roman army in the Battle of The Teutoburg Forest.

Back