• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Whats your range and accuracy?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now come on mukluk,you know that was just some lucky shootin.All those writers with all those books and articles.Will tell ya, all the time a cap n ball ain't accurate.They are only for plinkin.

This is an old Rogers & Spencer Target. The old girl was made in 1979. The lock up is as perfect as any modern 6 gun I own. It has had the normal Rogers & Spencer trigger sear problems. I replaced the long sear with a short sear to prevent sear over-ride and lock up. A common problem with the R&S. I have on loan a new Rogers & Spencer. I will test it to see if it can shoot as well as the older 6 gun. These guns will shoot for extended periods with out cleaning. I use a Reel and Gear lube on the Cylinder and arbor. The other note here is that this gun will shoot sub-minute time after time. I just pulled this target clipping from my file. With the help of Dave "Smokin 50" I have started working over the action on a Colt Walker and new loads. So far it is turning in some great results. Yes, I use a Colt Gold Cup to compare results. The B/P 6 gun is right in there. :thumbsup:

I have always liked the looks of those revolvers.If I could find a good used one I would buy it.But I have never found a used one and new is a little pricey.
Maybe I'll just have to save and refrain from going on GB or going to gun shows.

I bought my R&S at a gunshow a little over a year ago. Bought as new uven though used. Cost me a fortune $125.00 :rotf:. Great pistol takes .457, it's on new short list of favorites.

If I found one at a gunshow for $125.00.Smoke would be coming off the money as I handed it to the Previous owner.At a speed faster than light the pistola would be mine.

My friends in civil war reenacting always wonder where I get all these deals. I can't answer that, for some reason they just kinda fall into my hands. Mostly I guess I go looking for BP weapons whereever I go. I bought a snakeseye pisotl from a antique dealer for $20. He thought it was just a decoration. I cleaned it up polished the brass and replaced the plastic grips and now I have an interesting smoothbore. I take it out and fire it once in a while and get strange looks from other shooters.

I found this one at a gun show for a real low price. B/P handguns go rather cheap at gun shows. That is in this part of the country. The gun shows for this area are mostly in Salt Lake City, Utah. I can almost always pick-up a deal on a B/P 6 gun. :thumbsup: If its not an 80 shot .40 Cal. semi-auto, then no one wants the little orphans. :shake:

Back