• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

wheel wieghts cast as round balls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Roundball..I'll give them a call and order some. I shot this morning and am pleased with the .58cal. Octagon to round Colerain barrel. It's a shooter. Finally got a good sturdy bench set up with sandbags to make sure what was going on. Today I used 80grs. 3f Goex, and .015" muslim cloth..or whatever you call it..and .562" pure lead RB's. I had to go back to pure lead due to the 3/1 lead/wheelweights were shooting too high. So are the pure lead, but not as high. Here's a picture of a 3 shot group of 3/1's at 40yds or so.
P7030007.jpg

I later got the left and right good by taping my rear sight over to left..but I'm going to have to file my notch deeper for the up and down.
At 75yds. I'm 8" high. I forgot my .570" balls today and will first try them again and if they drop down enough I won't file sight but use them to hunt with the .015" pillow ticking.

Back