• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wheellock paddle butt carbine build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Let me start this with the admission that I do not have the skill or the patience to build this myself. A wheellock carbine has been on my wish list for years now. I recently purchased a nice Rice Barrel on this forum and, after a year of waiting(working on that patience), received my lock. I'll be shipping it off to my builder soon.

Attachments

• 20240815_150134.jpg
    20240815_150134.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240815_150146.jpg
    20240815_150146.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Shooting for something similar to this: View attachment 341823
That's the lodgewood one right? I've attached a folder of images of original paddle butt carbine I put together a while ago, incase something inside might be interesting or helpful.

They are all from online, but here is a photo I took of the Royal Armouries’s example. The shape of the butt stock from the top isn’t something you see online very often, or at least that’s what I assume I was thinking when I took the photo, lol!
IMG_9181.jpeg

Attachments

• Paddle Butt Carbines.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That's the lodgewood one right? I've attached a folder of images of original paddle butt carbine I put together a while ago, incase something inside might be interesting or helpful.
Yes, I grabbed the pic from Lodgewood's Rifle Shoppe build. I contacted him first, but he wasn't interested in building another one. Sounded like it was a PIA for him. Thanks for the pics.

Shooting for something similar to this: View attachment 341823
Looks an excellent choice Ide knock that up in wet weekend , Course if it was dry might take a bit longer ? All strength to your bow .Oh a rib yes probably had one don't forget the steel ring this is especially good if shooting a match as the jingle as you fire puts the opposition off !
Regard's Rudyard

I need to decide if I want the sling bar. I wouldn't use it, but it should be on a cavalry carbine. Opinions?
I'd leave it off just because I don't like alot of extra stuff that I'm not gonna use. Exactly why my ar doesn't have two lasers, three flashlights, a holographic sight, note pad, bipod, lunch box, and tampon despenser on board like all the others I see around here. I had a 12 gauge India made musketoon that had the bar. Never used it and didn't like the looks of it. But I'm a pretty odd dude...

Back