• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

When disaster “strikes”

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Broke one of my first snake powder measures after a couple hours work. Started to through it in the trash, I was so frustrated after being so careful. I thought about casting pewter fangs. That would be pretty cool looking but walked away for a while then decided to try pinning it. Fortunately I was able to drill 1/16” hole in each and install a pin made from a survey flag. Used some cyanoacrylate glue mixed with some fine antler saw dust. The repair is invisible and probably stronger than before. Saved one from the trash pile!

IMG_0072.jpeg

IMG_0073.jpeg

IMG_0074.jpeg

IMG_0077.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpeg
    IMG_0076.jpeg
    511.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Broke my first one after a couple hours work. Started to through it in the trash, I was so frustrated after being so careful. I thought about casting pewter fangs. That would be pretty cool looking but walked away for a while then decided to try pinning it. Fortunately I was able to drill 1/16” hole in each and install a pin made from a survey flag. Used some cyanoacrylate glue mixed with some fine antler saw dust. The repair is invisible and probably stronger than before. Saved one from the trash pile!

View attachment 332196
View attachment 332197
View attachment 332198
View attachment 332199
Nice fix! What also works is superglue mixed with baking soda - extremely strong bond! Sets up fast.

Back