• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

When Hunting.........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm out in the field for a couple of weeks camping I take the poss. bag. If I only have a day to hunt I will travel light and take the speed loaders. I can load about as fast out of my bag though as I can with speed loaders so it's only a matter of bulk and weight.
Bob

Just anouther opinion;
I enjoy working from the horn and bag. Used speed loaders of one style or anouther for years before I made the complete turn around. No really sigificant reason other than I like it more.

I like the idea and practicality of a possibles bag and powder horn in lieu of the speed loaders I've used all along. It looks like it may take awhile to assemble what I'd like for this. Some of this stuff can sure add up to a chunk of change. I may need to take a closer look at making my outfit from scratch or maybe a kit of some sort.

Vic

I've used the T/C 4-n-1 quickshot and they work well. I'm going to "upgrade" to a nice possibles bag and such.

As Walks Alone said a possibles Bag is like a survival kit. Although I don't figure on needing all I carry in my Possibles Bag it's there none the less. To name a few things I keep in my PB are as follows: Ball Bag filled with ball, full powder flask, Capper filled with #11 primers, pre lubbed patches (Mink oil), Leatherman Tool, Nipple Pick, Patch Worm, Nipple Wrench, spare nipple, Nipple Charger (filled), some pipe cleaners, small bottle of BP solvent, and some cleaning patches. In case you're wondering about the Jag, it stays on the end of my ram rod. To some this may sound like a lot more than is necessary to carry but I've learned from experience that it'ss always best to be fully prepared. A rule I've always lived by: It's better to have and not need it than to need it and not have it!!

Back