• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

When it is hot...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I reach for the mature oaks and find the cool breeze and shade gives time for reflection and peace :hatsoff:

Even if it is with a lie of a trade gun :haha:

Brits.

Holy Cow, your picture reminds me of the squirrel woods in S.E. Texas behind Aunt Lillian Cunningham's. It was a wonderful place to spend a mispent youth, :haha: Cor blimy if I'm not a fan of smoothebores for small game. :hatsoff: Tree.

Although "hot" is relative, shade and water (and lots of it) is the secret for summer. Our 100+ degree summer days are the pits, but you can hunt if you remember shade & hydration. As for the trade gun, the one I borrowed all last season worked great, wrong looking parts or no! It shot well and if I had been outclasssed by smarter and more nervous critters, I'd a got one...maybe not! :wink: :rotf:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com...VhB6CGaEoggJp5fuZQObLCkhgeltWJ3JENRyHxCxQ4cVg

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon a day spent sitting a waterhole is better than a day spent watching TV. Pigs are a sucker for water in the summer and on a full moon evening things can get real exciting.

Brokennock said:
What are season dates for various types of game there? 'Round here most stuff is closed 'cept maybe grounghogs and coyotes.
Some species do have closed seasons...mostly game bird types.
Some are protected from any destruction how ever special licences can be obtained in pest situations!
Vermin has no restrictions or closed seasons just anti cruelty laws.
B.

Back