• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where can you Shoot, what is the travel time, and cost to shoot.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drive an hour to get to my club range. Dues are $75 per year. A criminal background check is now required for membership.

We have lots of development around us, so we are very concerned about who shoots on our range. We have spent plenty of money improving the berms.

I built my shooting bench about 30 feet from the back door, I can shoot upto 150 yards. :grin:

Try to shoot when the wife is not home! :winking:

akapennypincher,
Takes me about 20/25 minutes to
get to my range, The Columbus Muzzleloading Gun
Club, (CMLGC.org) B/P only!!!Monthly shoots which
I can't take part in because of my work schedule.
Except for vacations I have not had a weekend
off in almost 9 years, but I contribute what I
can. Dues are $25 a year,(I would pay twice
that if asked). I usually shoot twice a month,
when I can and most times early, and mid-week.
Range 25yards, 50 and 100. I have no need
or reason to shoot beyond those ranges.
Basically I'm a hunter,not a paper shooter,
except for working up my hunting loads, and
the club allows me to do that...The absolute
max. distance i have taken a deer at is maybe
60 yards, and the shortest 20/25.I (Z) at 50
yards and that does well for me.
In the forrested area I hunt a shot beyond
50 yards, in most cases would be a bad choice,
but I'm sure they have been made.
I will say that some of the largest W/T
bucks in Ohio have been taken by archery and I
think that is great, but they can hunt for like
3 months... Gun-Hunters have like two weeks
(counting B/P and shotgun). I honestly feel that
M/L with PRB should be given the same
consideration as archery. I/L should be included
in the shotgun\slug season and not in the in the
muzzleloading only hunting time.
I don't think archery folks would mind, because
they know we are as re3ponsible as they areIMO
snake-eyes

The range is a 15 minutes drive away.
It is open for shooting 6 days a week (closed friday).

Only cost is $60 yearly membership fee.

In Southeast Florida ,I have to drive 25 miles ,takes about 35 min. I shoot Black Powder and Modern guns on the same day . 15 yard ,25 yard , and 50 and 100 yard. $6.00 dollars adult and age 10 to adult $5.00 dollars. For 2 1/2 hours ,They dont check time unless gets really busy some times were there 3 to 5 hours no problem . One of my sons and I go about 3 times a month. Also they have standing clay shot gun range $5.00 or $6.00 for a 25 stand of clays.

JIM1911

I shoot at a State Game Production Area for free about 15 miles from my home. I used to shoot into a berm at another one about 5 miles from my town, but slob target shooters ruined it for everyone. Left their targets and junk near the parking area, so GF&P put up a sign that said "No target shooting".

I open the slider and step outside onto the deck to shoot to the west and open the other slider and step outside20 or 30 yards and shoot to my harts content . The problem we have here is folks are trying to outlaw motercycle riding on privit land . I don't ride anymore but my neighbors do so they are very tolerant of my shooting U scratch my back I scratch yours .

About 15 minutes to a public range but I may join a local private club. I rarely go to a public range on weekends now. :youcrazy:

For living in New York, I'm blessed.
1)Local Rod & Gun club-Just across the crick, but about 3 miles by road. Fair rifle range--which works fine if I'm there by myself. Limited to about 120 yards. If I toss one over the berm, there's a chance it'll go through my garage. Also has an indoor pistol and rimfire range. Nice on those wintery afternoons. $15/year membership, $2 per session to shoot indoors. Mostly trap & rimfire shooters in that club.

2)Conservation club in next county-About 9 miles by road. Good outdoor rifle and pistol ranges. Still limited to about 100 yards. Another club mainly devoted to trap shooting. $15/year membership.

3)My farmland-About 12 miles by road. With a big ole drumlin running through the middle, then dropping off to swamp and brush in the low areas on both sides, and then bordered by roads on 3 sides, there really isn't a good place to shoot a rifle. My Dad and I bought it from a shooting club that gave up on the place. For handgun shooting and fooling around with clay pigeons and the BP shotgun, it's fine. About $2100 in school and property taxes per year plus the time and diesel fuel needed to keep it looking decent. Great place to hunt though...only way to NOT get deer on that place is to refuse to shoot.
Bob

Back