• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to find a Brown Bess (used or or kit)?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groovy Mike

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi Guys:

I'm back ;)

Finally made contact with my local reenacting groups and have joined a Rev War unit.

I have just about settled on finding a brown bess. Where can I find a reasonably priced used one or a kit to put togther. Cheapest I can find today is $750 kit from Dixie Gun works.

Good luck Mike,

Hope to see you if you ever make it to the Carolinas.

2nd SC is my unit.

We have Pedersolis and Military Heritage Besses. The guys in the 2nd North have Loyalist Arms. No complaints have been expressed with any of these.

Pat O'Kelly - author of Nothing by Blood and Slaughter keeps bugging me to trade my 2nd short land for the earlier long land pattern. I got the shorter because my unit got these back when no long patterns were available and I followed suit. Check with your group about their preferences before ordering. Most of the northern campaigns were fairly early and the long would likely be more appropriate there. Heavier, but more correct.

CS

Another is this site that is shown below. Download the pdf of their catalog and where the black powder rifles are you'll see a pedersoli advertised for $699.00. Just another resource for you to look at. :m2c:

CDNN sports inc.

Back