• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where To Find BP Supplies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CVA Enthusiast

Scattered and Shattered
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I know I know tons of great local shops, but if you are a few hundred miles away from these areas that have these local shops what do you do? I for one began making them Wads, Caps, Patches, I did have to limit to percussion firearms only Flint is hard to find in my area and black powder non existent (I refuse to pay hazmat fees).When Pyrodex, Triple Seven are readily found.

I know I know tons of great local shops, but if you are a few hundred miles away from these areas that have these local shops what do you do? I for one began making them Wads, Caps, Patches, I did have to limit to percussion firearms only Flint is hard to find in my area and black powder non existent (I refuse to pay hazmat fees).When Pyrodex, Triple Seven are readily found.
I'm in the same boat as fsr as shops go. Walmart is my best option for caps. As far as powder, I'm lucky enough to live within driving distance of Friendship so I make sure to stock up when the national shoots are going on. For everything else, I order from online shops like Track of the Wolf, The Gun Works and The Log Cabin Shop. I have had good experiences with all three.

I would think Kentucky would have a pretty good black powder enthusiast following. Follow Muzzleloading Magazine, google online for local clubs/ events.
Many clubs and most events will have a number of vendors who will have powder, etc. Only about two weeks ago, Bass Pro had primers available on line....have them shipped to the store for pick up and you save haz mat and shipping fees...if one is in a reasonable distance.

Back