• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to shoot around Chapel Hill/Durham, NC?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
Going back to school at UNC this coming fall and looking for a good range in the area -- Chapel Hill/Carrboro or Durham, maybe Hillsborough....
Down where I was before I had a free 100 yard range just 20 minutes from my home, and boy howdy how I miss it....

Take Care,
John

The public Range in Holly springs lets us shoot BP but there are no others in Wake County

jderrick said:
Hello,
Going back to school at UNC this coming fall and looking for a good range in the area -- Chapel Hill/Carrboro or Durham, maybe Hillsborough....
Down where I was before I had a free 100 yard range just 20 minutes from my home, and boy howdy how I miss it....
Take Care, John
[url] http://www.dprc.org[/url]/

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah theres the Durham Rifle Club and the Sir Walter Raleigh Club in Creedmoor both are out door ranges.

The Lafayette Longrifles (LLR) hold shoots each month just outside of Fuquay Varina. This is strictly a BP club. Period dress is recommended.

Richard

richardn said:
The Lafayette Longrifles (LLR) hold shoots each month just outside of Fuquay Varina. This is strictly a BP club. Period dress is recommended.

Richard

I don't have any period dress yet. Do you have shooters that show up to see what it's like and maybe pick up some ideas about dress and soon after attend in period dress or is that kinda thing discouraged.

Recurve said:
richardn said:

Richard

I don't have any period dress yet. Do you have shooters that show up to see what it's like and maybe pick up some ideas about dress and soon after attend in period dress or is that kinda thing discouraged.
You can drop by dressed normally, certainly when you're not yet even a member.

When they hold periodic shoots, they do recommend that "participating" attendees wear something of a period nature, and particularly if you actually join and become a member.

I visited and watched a Saturday shoot one time, but living way up above Raleigh, it's too much of a round trip drive for me to join and attend every weekend...especially now with the price of gas

Hi guys,

I belong to Lafayette and it is a fantastic club :thumbsup: . While we do encourage period dress it is not required to come and shoot. The only real requirement is that the guns must be 1840 or earlier except during the state shoot. We usually shoot the fourth Sunday of every month with two big shoots in May and Nov. LLR will also be hosting the NC State Shoot this year again :grin: . I will be mailing out flyers for the shoot in the next few weeks so anyone who is interested please sned me a note. Also, if you're interested in just stopping by and shooting, please drop me a line and I can send you some directions. I live in Greensboro and the commute can be long :( but the people and the range are well worth it. Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Lancer

I agree with everything that Lancer says about the LLR Club. I am new to this organization ( about 6 months) and have been welcomed by all members I have have had the pleasure to meet. The period dress is up to you. In time you probably will invest in some clothes as this club can also be a conduit into reenacting around the Carolinas and Virginia. Members do not always dress. The Eastern Colonial Trading Company is tied to this club and a source for supplies, clothes, etc.

Richard

Back