• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who carries a purse?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surplus gas mask bag's been my buddy well over 60 years. Finally decomposing (like me). Bought a sorta purse on vacation. A lightweight canvas affair, sold where hikers buy stuff, it'll surely outlast my remaining adventures. Only my basset hound, Max, sees my hunting stuff these days. Max don't care.

I bought one of the Tandy bags that @Rifleman1776 is referring to. My wife picked it up for me at a secondhand shop. I changed out the strap, took off the buckle, and cut a deer antler button for it to try to make it look a little bit more authentic.
While it may not look authentic, it gets the job done.
IMG_3686.jpeg

Well you know, men do not carry purses they carry man bags instead.

I bought a nice sling pack from Scheels a few years ago. But I have been too lazy to use it much. I made a possibles leather bag many years ago and I have it crammed with everything but the kitchen sink.

Did you know that in 2022, over $12 billion was wagered in thoroughbred horse racing, with total purses distributed reaching an unprecedented $1.25 billion? As a seasoned racehorse owner, I often discuss the sport’s facets with enthusiasts.

A common question arises: “Where does the horse racing purse money come from?” This money, crucial for fueling the sport’s passion and rivalry, originates from spectator bets, racer entry fees, and sponsorships. Join me as we delve into the financial core of horse racing, exploring how purse money not only rewards winners but also drives the sport’s thrilling competition.

Reckon that I will have to retire my old Man Bag and get me one that looks close to a POSSIBILITY BAG. I am gonna need some ideas for the IDEAL MAN BAG or IMB. Some of these leather men should make some good money off this. I'm in for one.

When I started hunting with a muzzleloader I needed a small bag with a shoulder strap to carry my accoutrements. I wound up using one of my wife’s old purses. Any other cross dressing mountain men out there?
Ummm got a few (male) cousins that carry purses.they are a little different than me. They carry them every where they go.Seen one of them other day with his husband at the grocery store.He introduced me to him. Oh well think ive said enough. Lol

Historically speaking, it seems a purse has become socially linked to females but in reality, women's clothing had small/tiny pockets, if any. "Fashion" I suppose, who wanted coins and keys and such weighing down their 'hips' :) Anyway, that's one reason women have carried a 'purse' throughout our more recent and modern history. Men have far more and larger pockets so that we can put our Constanza-like wallets, key chains with every key we've ever owned and at least $2.50 in mixed coins on our person at all times. Ok, so that last bit is for the now 45+ year olds.

I personally have grown to hate anything in my pockets and carry only my truck key fob (no keys at all) and a small wallet of only essential debit/credit cards and my driver's license.

When I started hunting with a muzzleloader I needed a small bag with a shoulder strap to carry my accoutrements. I wound up using one of my wife’s old purses. Any other cross dressing mountain men out there?
My dad used an old purse as a bag back in the late 80's early 90's. Carried with his TC New Englander 50. My mom always made fun of him.

for a long time we all carried larger fanny packs when deer hunting. After 30 years I'm now to fat for the belt and have learned that I dont need to carry that much stuff with me into the deer stand a 10 cap capper 3 premeasured powder charges and the bullets of choice are borelocks and are in a carrier The kids mostly now carry a back pack. I don't need several bottles of water/pop and enough snacks to make a trick or treater proud of their haul

I did the same only I bought some small leather purses that fit my requirements from a thrift store. But my alternative uses of women’s purses began in my late teens when I need a tool box for my wrenches, rachets and sockets etc. and could not afford one. My wife was browsing the clothes in the women’s department of a thrift store when I saw a large purse made out of a canvas like material. It was what I needed for my hand tools and I still have it.
Interesting to find useful potential muzzleloading items in a non-shooting setting like thrift stores! We need to keep an open mind about things!

Latest posts

Back