• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who designed the T/C Seneca

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickstartcycles

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was wondering who designed the T/C Seneca? A few years ago I was on another board and had his information but have lost it. I know he was living in Friendship.

I don't kwow but I wished T/C would start making them again. I have one in .36 and have an extra .45 barrel. Both shoot great.

The person to whom you refer has a shop in Lyons illinois named friendship trading post, he worked for TC for a long time anyway I was told he had a bunch of old TC stuff and was building seneca like rifles with greenmountain barrels. He named the rifle after the town-area near the illinois river Nice area lots of deer. I know what you mean I would love a light small bore ML but for now I have an IBS in 32 on my hawken.

I have a Seneca that is stocked with extra-fancy Walnut that was (supposedly) picked out of the rack personally by Warren Center. His signature is in the barrel channel. Before I got it, it had been rebarreled to .40 caliber. I replaced the aluminum (!) screw-adjustable rear sight and bead front sight with more traditional sights, browned the barrel and refinished the stock. It turned out to be a pretty little rifle that shoots very well. My only complaint is that the stock could use a little more drop in the design. As much as I like it, I have a hard time getting my face down far enough for the sights. Some day, when I get braver (or stupider), I am going to scratch-build a rifle based on the Seneca, but with a more comfortable stock of figured maple...MAYBE in flintlock....

I would be interested in learning more about this fellow. Can you find any further details?

I would like to have a longer .40 barrel on a Cherokee/Seneca.
I even have the breachplug ready!

CS

I always thought the Seneca was designed for and named after "the Seneca", a timed foot race / shoot competition held at Friendship. Supposedly to make a lighter toting rifle.
RedFeather

When the Seneca first appeared it was said that it was a copy of a New England hunting rifle. It may even have been true. It definitely is a light and well balanced rifle. That they are pretty and accurate is also a plus.

It is a pretty little rifle with an Indian name that may or may not have anything to do with the timed event. (But then, I have never heard of a Cherokee event)

That they are very well made and accurate makes them so interesting to me. Hey T/C -- are you listening???

CS

Latest posts

Back