• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who Hunts Reg Seasons With Their Muzzleloader?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year I got to go deer hunting with a friend in Georgia. I hunted during the regular season with my .45 cal Blue Ridge flintlock rifle and my double barreled 12 gauge muzzle loading CVA shotgun with dogs. I also took along my 1859 Sharps.
Brought home 2 nice white tails.
Old Shepherd

I always hunt in our muzzleloader season with my caplock. We used to have a "Primitive season" ages ago in SC.
That meant muzzleloaders and bow and arrow. Now, bow hunters start first on Sept. 15th and ruin it for us. We have to start Oct. 1st.

I really want another muzzleloader season near the end, like from Christmas until Jan.

We coastal S.C. folks start deer season on private land August 15 (bucks only) and Sept. 15 (either sex). Wife insists I put one in the freezer with an unmentionable before I hit the woods with the flinter.

Back